Retirement Actuarial Consultant
If you like the idea of helping clients achieve financial security, excel at providing high-level analysis, and have an eye for detail in reviewing client deliverables, an actuarial consulting career at Mercer might be a great fit for you. We're an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment, and we're looking to attract and retain the best people. Join our Mercer Wealth team!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Assist senior consultants with project management, day-to-day client contact, problem resolution, and supervision of analysts' work
- Calculate and analyze special retirement projects
- Interact with clients by participating in meetings and presentations
- Supervise one or more colleagues; conduct performance evaluations and career development discussion
- Assign, direct, and evaluate work
- Collaborate with Mercer's Retirement Service Centers to check and analyze actuarial valuation results, including analysis of census data, liabilities, assets and reporting, coordinating local office resources and project management
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE:
- Bachelor's degree in math, actuarial science, statistics, economics, finance or related field
- 3+ years pension-related work experience, preferably in a consulting environment
- Successful client-relationship experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Superior analytical ability
- Strong presentation skills
- Progress toward an SOA designation is preferred
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you. Please send in your application.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top