Retirement Actuarial Consultant
The Defined Benefit (DB) Actuarial Consultant provides high level analysis and preliminary review of client deliverables. This position assists senior consultants with project management, day to day client contact and review of Actuarial Analyst's work.
The DB Actuarial Consultant role is within Mercer's Wealth Business. Mercer's Wealth Business is focused on improving the financial success of our clients. Through our people and our broad range of services across the Wealth continuum (Retirement and Investments Consulting for Defined Benefit, Defined Contribution, and Not-For-Profit Clients) we will enhance financial security, create financial opportunity and provide financial freedom to 110 million people globally.
Depending on applicant's experience, they may also be the lead consultant on small to medium size clients or a co-lead consultant on large clients. This entails having complete responsibility for the Wealth Business's client relationship and client financials. To fulfill this role, the DB Actuarial Consultant will:
- Perform necessary calculations or analysis on special retirement projects analyzing their impact on all of a client's retirement plans, including assumption studies, plan design studies, plan terminations, early retirement window studies, post-retirement medical and acquisition studies.
- Review analyst and junior consultant analysis and client work; acts as final technical review for client projects. b
- Assist Senior Consultants with day to day client contact and problem resolution
- Works with Wealth Analytical Service Centers in the following ways: checking and analyzing actuarial valuation results, including analysis of census data, liabilities, assets and reporting, coordinating local office resources and project management
- Contribute in client meetings and presentations.
- Communicate with clients through participation in client meetings, and presentations. May also act as day to day contact for some clients and be responsible for ensuring problem resolution.
- Create project work plans and monitor timelines and budgets.
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Economics, Finance or related field
- 3-8 years pension related work experience preferably in a consulting environment
- Successful client relationship experience beneficial
- Proven project management experience beneficial
- Superior proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Superior analytical ability
- Strong presentation skills
- Society of Actuaries ASA designation, or strong progress towards it
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
See Inside the Office of Marsh & McLennan Companies
Marsh & McLennan Companies are four organizations—Marsh, Mercer, Guy Carpenter, and Oliver Wyman—that share a purpose of helping clients meet challenges and seize opportunities. As a unique professional services firm, Marsh & McLennan Companies boasts a global network of 60,000 experts in risk strategy, helping complex organizations manage risks and make the most of their opportunities, their capital, and their people.
Back to top