Retirement Actuarial Consultant
- Los Angeles, CA
The Retirement Actuarial Consultant is the lead or co-lead consultant on their client teams, which entails responsibility for the client relationship and client financials. This position generally provides final sign off on client work and has supervisory responsibility for junior staff. To fulfill this role, the consultant may:
- Perform necessary calculations or analysis on special retirement projects analyzing their impact on all of a client's retirement plans, including assumption studies, plan design studies, plan terminations, early retirement window studies, post retirement medical and acquisition studies.
- Review analyst and junior consultant analysis and client work; acts as technical review for client projects.
- Lead or co-lead client meetings and presentations.
- Acts as day to day contact for clients and is responsible for ensuring problem resolution.
- Supervise or mentor one or more employees as direct reports.
- Create project work plans and monitor timelines and budgets.
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Economics, Finance or related field
- 5+ years pension related work experience preferably in a consulting environment
- Successful client relationship experience
- Proven project management experience
- Superior proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Superior analytical ability
- Strong presentation skills
- Society of Actuaries ASA designation or significant progress toward designation
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension and 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: www.mmc.com. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Back to top