Retiree Exchange Analyst
As the Mercer Marketplace 365+ Retiree Exchange Senior Client Account Consultant (CAC) you will serve as a primary resource for our clients and their participants as relates to the Mercer Retiree Exchange solution. You will be responsible for supporting the Retiree Exchange Account Manager in managing an existing book of clients as well as to help implement new clients annually.The CAC role functions as a central point of communication in the department acting as a liaison between various functional areas within the Retiree Exchange key stakeholder teams.The CACconsults with the Account Manager on the day-to-day client needs.Proactively manages tasks and projects that impact administration of the business to achieve timely and efficient action. Will need working knowledge of Excel based functions and other data related tools to do regular and reoccurring data analysis (proactive and hands on review of participant level data).
This position executes on core Account Manager supporting functions for servicing the client's account/program in addition to serving as the source of knowledge concerning the client's needs. Is responsible for project managing and supports the Account Manager in completing projects timely and efficiently for newly transitioning clients and renewals. Attains commitment of resources required to keep client project on track, following up to ensure commitments are kept and accomplishments realized. Works with the Account Manager to discover and handle complex client issues and makes recommendations to the Account Manager by utilizing client service and administration expertise. Mentors and provides feedback internally to other team members. Supports and overseas the communication process for retirees during implementation and ongoing plan years. Evaluates current processes and determines new solutions and process improvements, communicating these improvements across other departments and functional areas. Attends internal and external meetings and conferences. Establishes strong relationships with the client and works towards gaining a strong understanding of all aspects of the client.
At this level, the incumbent in this role will work with more complex clients, multiple clients and larger scope insurance programs.
- Manages the delivery of services and the day-to-day client needs to retain accounts, establish strong client relationships and achieve high levels of client satisfaction.
- Maintains and expands client relationships by analyzing, communicating and identifying coverage gaps, ensuring that a client's risk is being managed in an optimal manner.
- Identifies important business needs of client and assist with achieving objectives by effectively communicating to the Account Manager. Alerts functional areas and escalates issues as appropriate.
- Maintains client required business documentation.
- Maintains files and updates management regularly on issues log, executing on documentation issues.
- Executes all cyclical event processing.
- Establishes client relationships and develops an understanding of all aspects of the client.
- Manages escalated participant issues regarding systemic or process issues with global impact to client or book of business. Recognizing and managing the risk to protect the firm from Errors and Omissions (E&O).
- Coordinates with Mercer Services COE, including but not limited to the contact center, HRA, carrier ops, Data and Analytics, and compliance as respects to current clients and implementations.
- Mentors and provides feedback internally to other team members.
- Evaluates current processes and determines new solutions and process improvements, communicates those across other departments and functional areas
- Handles special projects, makes recommendations to the Account Manager.
- Partners with the Account Manager to complete projects.
- Handles more complex client issues and makes recommendations by utilizing client service and administration expertise.
- Attains commitment of resources required to keep client project on track, following up to ensure commitments are kept and accomplishments realized. Serves as the project leader on activities required for a smooth takeover and/or implementation of new business.
- Assesses trends and risks, elevates to management. Develops solutions to correct situations and prevent reccurrence.
- Works with legal and compliance on E&O. Proactive risk mitigation. Handles breach/security issues.
- Supports operational and compliance audits as necessary.
- Assists with marketing plan and reviews marketing materials and marketing loops for program accuracy prior to release.
- Implements marketing plan for the communication to retirees.
- Poses a solid understanding of retiree medical insurance principals.
- Formal understanding of Database structure.
- Subject material expert in Excel functions (specific to data analysis).
- Familiarity with project management tools. Prior experience with process documentation and data analysis tools such as Visio and Access.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, document, and understand inter-departmental processes.
- Strong project management skills. Manage multiple priorities, deliver timely and accurate work products with a strong customer service focus, and respond with a sense of urgency as required.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to interact with internal and external customers.
- Ability to communicate ideas and information concisely and effectively.
- Proven strong interpersonal skills including active listening and follow-up skills.
- Organizational and time-management skills to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Detail oriented to ensure accuracy with the ability to identify, analyze and solve service issues.
- Results oriented with the demonstrated ability to follow-through on client issues to resolution.
- Proven experience functioning as part of a team working in a high visibility client environment. Must be able to work independently but also cross-functionally.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to navigate through multiple systems without assistance. Must be highly proficient in the use of personal computers and supporting software in a Windows based environment, including MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Core competencies include:
- College Degree or equivalent work experience required
- 5+ years+ of professional experience of internal and external client facing and management experience, insurance and business knowledge required, with a m inimum of two years client relationship experience preferred
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top