Retiree Carrier Leader- Mercer Marketplace
The Operations Leader will lead operations across North America Health & Benefits (H&B). This role will be responsible for working with the Market Operations teams and liaising with key functions (e.g., compliance) to ensure all standards and requirements are met as well as ensuring these processes are efficient and effective. To fulfill this role, the Operations Leader will:
- Serve as the primary point-of-contact for H&B leaders and operations personnel on all business operational issues, including, but not limited to, policy set up, WIP management, support of financial management (e.g., commission tracking / collection, flash / invoicing, etc.), and compliance monitoring and audits
- Serve as the liaison for operations network to provide regional / leadership perspective
- Manage staffing template process, including development of template (with finance), execution, summary and analysis of key learning on a quarterly basis
- Project manage year-end process, including analysis and reporting of performance ratings, compensation recommendations, ICP allocation and distribution, and promotion nominations
- Interact with global and regional operations groups and leadership to leverage best practices, streamline processes and ensured close coordination
- Serve as primary business liaison to key partners, including compliance, financial and sales, to ensure strict policy compliance; tasks may include project management, implementation and oversight of key initiatives (e.g., audit remediation)
- Develop and execute training, as needed, on operational / financial topics, initiatives and systems (e.g., GCP, MyBIZ, etc.)
- Identify and implement process improvements and efficiencies that improve business operational and financial performance, including implementation of Mercer-wide and H&B-wide initiatives
- Support vendor management processes, in coordination with market placement specialists & carrier relations, to outline vendor processes and best practices, as well as maintain an updated inventory of current vendors
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 - 15 years of experience
- Excellent, in-depth knowledge of Mercer and, in particular, the Health & Benefits business
- Experience in business/commercial and financial management
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to establish relationships with key stakeholders and lead and influence to accomplish business objectives
- Strong change management skills
- Good team player
- Professional qualification desirable (eg actuarial, MBA)
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top