Research Associate - Boston
NERA is looking for a Research Associate with quantitative and consulting skills to join the Energy, Environment, Communications and Infrastructure group in the Boston office. The group assists clients in evaluating complex and high-profile energy and environmental policy issues as well as evaluating the impacts of a wide range of policies and infrastructure on jobs and other economic impacts. NERA staff members have substantial responsibility in terms of research, modeling, report writing and client involvement. The specific position would depend upon prior experience and other credentials, including education and level of responsibility in prior positions.
Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
- Develop quantitative analyses using various models including electricity (e.g., PROMOD, Aurora), economic impacts (e.g., IMPLAN, REMI) as well as NERA's proprietary electricity/energy/macro-economic model, NewERA.
- Develop cost-benefit and related analyses of major energy and environmental regulations.
- Draft project reports and presentations.
- Assist in the development of expert testimony.
- Manage projects, including organization of team tasks and management of research team.
- Assist on research, publications, presentations, and other projects.
- General support of the group's consulting activities.
- One or more years of consulting or similar experience at college/university.
- Degree in economics, statistics, operations research or a similar field with exposure to applied quantitative analysis. Advanced degree desirable but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel. At ease managing and creating complex Excel models and using advanced features.
- Familiarity with Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience and familiarity with energy and environmental issues and economic impact analysis preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of VBA for Excel, Microsoft Access, SQL, and advanced quantitative tools (such as Stata or R) are a plus, but not required.
- Successful candidates will possess a strong entrepreneurial spirit, be highly self-directed and motivated, and work well under tight deadlines.
NERA offers its employees a great deal of hands-on training in developing their careers. Employees earn competitive salaries and benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurances, 401(k) and flexible spending programs. The starting salary will be based on educational background and experience.
NERA is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top