Research Associate - Antitrust/Competition Policy
NERA is looking for a research associate with advanced mathematical, analytical, quantitative, data analysis and consulting skills to join the Antitrust/Competition Policy practice in the Washington D.C. office. NERA staff members have substantial responsibility in terms of research, modeling, report writing and client involvement. The specific position would depend upon prior experience and other credentials, including education and level of responsibility in prior positions.
Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
- Programming in Stata, Python, R or SAS to assemble complex data sets, perform econometric analyses, and produce charts and tabulations to exposit the results.
- Draft project reports and presentations.
- Assist in the development of expert testimony and litigation materials.
- Analyze data and produce exhibits using mapping software such as ArcGIS.
- Develop and implement various economic models using software such as MatLab or Python.
- Manage projects, including organization of team tasks and management of research team.
- Assist on research, publications, presentations, and other projects.
- General support of the group's consulting activities.
- Degree in mathematical economics, statistics, operations research or a similar field with exposure to applied quantitative analysis. Advanced degree desirable but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Familiarity with Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Successful candidates will possess a strong entrepreneurial spirit, be highly self-directed and motivated, and work well under tight deadlines.
NERA offers its employees a great deal of hands-on training in developing their careers. Employees earn competitive salaries and benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurances, 401(k) and flexible spending programs. The starting salary will be based on educational background and experience.
NERA is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top