- Atlanta, GA
Mercer Alternatives is seeking strong, self-motivated candidates to join its US Private Equity research and advisory team. As part of the US Private Equity team, individuals will work closely with senior research staff, client consultants, and clients to support portfolio construction and management on behalf of advisory and delegated client accounts.
This role reports into the head of US Private Equity Research.The successful candidate will develop the capacity to lead a comprehensive due diligence process for evaluating and underwriting prospective private equity strategies. Additionally, they will develop an understanding of private equity portfolio construction and manager selection methodologies and provide support to Principals/Partners in the management of such portfolios.
They will work with Private Markets Principals/Partners to complete in-depth written due diligence on current investment opportunities.
- Attend manager meetings, plan due diligence, travel to on-site meetings, perform reference calls, evaluate the fund team, strategy, and performance, analyze historical returns, summarize relevant pros and cons, and determine an appropriate rating for a given fund
- Develop an understanding of the acceptable, market-based economic terms for strategies under evaluation.
- Prepare standard and ad hoc reports and presentations to facilitate communication and transparency to the Investment Committee, Staff, clients and other external entities as required.
- Provide general support to the research and due diligence efforts of the Private Equity team globally.
- Serve as a resource to client-facing professionals seeking current information on non-marketable investment opportunities, including data and analysis, comparison to other fund managers, and the opinion of the research team.
The ideal candidate will have most or all of the following skills, knowledge, experience, and personal characteristics:
- 3-5 years of relevant investment experience at a pension fund, endowment, foundation, consulting firm, or fund of funds is greatly preferred.
- An undergraduate degree from a leading institution. A CFA, or progress toward such designation is a plus.
- Exceptional quantitative skills to evaluate fund and portfolio performance.
- Well versed in financial applications (e.g., Excel, Bloomberg) and MS Office applications
- Strong, proven written and oral communication skills.
- Solid interpersonal and organization skills.
- A collegial, team-oriented, constructive, "can do" attitude.
- Unquestioned honesty, integrity, and transparency.
- Domestic and possibly international travel will be required.
- Fluency in the written and spoken English language is required.
- Competence is valued in other global languages, such as Spanish or Mandarin Chinese.
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer's more than 22,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh , which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions; Guy Carpenter , which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman , which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit www.mercer.com . Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer .
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/ . We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Back to top