ReinsuranceTechnical Assistant- Tampa, Florida
The Technical Assistant is responsible for coordinating all placement support activities of the account and provides support to all account team members either onsite and/or remotely on assigned accounts. The Technical Support Assistant prompts and monitors key activities and tasks throughout the reinsurance placement in order to promote complete and timely compliance with quality and regulatorydriven processes and procedures in accordance with published guidelines. Liaise with others internally to facilitate efficient and effective pre-placement, placement and post-placement activities and services to Brokers and Clients.
1. Placement Support
- Review client data submitted during the placement/renewal process and update annual renewal exhibits as requested.
- Set up / renew program, create submission, select approved markets, send submissions, download quotes, send FOTs, download authorizations/declinations, send signed lines, finalize in GCMP making sure all information is accurately reflected.
- Track placement status of assigned accounts. Follow-up with broker for updates and information as necessary.
- Communicate with client and/or markets during the placement process as requested.
- Using Company templates and disclaimers, when applicable, draft and secure broker sign off of the initial request for renewal information, marketing list, placement process updates, final binding of the reinsurance program and post-placement client books/communications, as requested.
- Provide the broker with assistance including researching financial statements, product lines, geographic exposures, and current reinsurance program. information using available resources as required.
- Interface with other Departments to provide client data to be used for modeling, research claim or premium issues and facilitate contract wording negotiation flow as necessary.
- Review, package and transmit contract documents to Reinsurers according to procedure, upon instructions from Contract Analyst/Associate.
- Assist Contract drafters by having primary responsibility for obtaining properly signed contract documents from reinsurers and aggressively pursuing by phone, e-mail, letter, etc., until all executed documents have been received. Escalate in accordance with procedure and input contract status data on the document tracking system as required.
- Provide status reports according to procedure and upon request.
- Scan/upload and name all contract documents as received from reinsurers, Clients and/or Analysts/Associates and transmit completed signatures.
- Utilize Contracts Dashboard and/other legacy tracking tools to manage contract performance.
- Assist with scheduling of reinsurer audits and visits with client, attending if requested.
2. Business Knowledge
- Maintain broad understanding of the environment in which the client operates and the marketplace in which the transactions that Guy Carpenter handles take place.
- Using the Market Reference Guide, develop an understanding of the differences between the reinsurer who bears the risk on the contract versus the parent or group entity to ensure proper legal reinsurer name is entered in systems and correct financials and NAIC codes are accurately communicated to clients.
- Participate in team meetings and activities to share opinions, ideas, knowledge and solutions; maintain strong working relationships and participate in initiatives and/or contribute where required to deliver outcomes. Seek opportunities to increase own understanding and improve the services provided.
3. Compliance and Regulatory Review
- Ensure all records/forms for assigned accounts are properly completed and stored in accordance with policy.
- Understand all best practice procedures and compliance policies. When new procedures are provided, understand and adopt new procedures as rolled out, take required training and speak up with any question or concerns uncovered in your role at Guy Carpenter.
- Follow all best practice procedures and compliance requirements, including but not limited to building a complete placement file as the placement progresses to minimize errors & omissions.
4. Client Services
- Provide client and broker with comprehensive meeting book for marketing trips and convention attendance.
- Respond to client requests for information (reinsurer, financial reports, industry issues, etc.), as directed by senior broker, coordinating with Market Information and other departments as necessary, and clearing with senior broker.
- Attend visiting reinsurer meetings, as necessary
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top