Regional Sales Manager - ICAT
ICAT is looking for a Regional Sales Manager who will be responsible for the implementation of the Company's strategic sales and marketing goals for the retail distribution channel. This individual is responsible for growing the retail agency distribution force, agency and producer management, driving production from assigned producers and gathering and conveying market research and intelligence.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily.
- Participate and act as key liaison for business group in strategic corporate initiatives
- Responsible for recruiting and developing a new group of independent agents excited to sell the ICAT Product.
- Primary point of contact for assigned producer office and his/or her agency personnel.
- Trains producers to successfully sell ICAT's Residential earthquake including identification of appropriate business opportunities, underwriting guidelines and procedures, website use and service.
- Responsible for monitoring production, bind ratios, renewal retention ratios, spread of risk, new agency conversion rates, and other production and quality measures.
- Possesses a complete knowledge of ICAT's Commercial and Residential products.
- Develops and implements effective agency management plans.
- Responsible for negotiating annual office level production goals to support the overall ICAT goals for production.
- Educates producers about underwriting requirements and coordinates training as needed.
- Works with the ICAT team to establish regional production plans and assist in agency development.
- Works with the ICAT team to manage regional underwriting results including regional modeled results, spread of risk initiatives, and concentration of risk controls.
- Gathers and reports back market data for new markets, products, guideline changes, and or segments and works with the Product team to identify new production opportunities and track competitor activity.
- Gathers and reports information through visit reports (including use of Salesforce), team briefings and market updates for the underwriting personnel.
- Maintain knowledge of and support ICAT's company values and strategic plan.
- Sit or stand and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach.
- Work is generally scheduled Monday through Friday with some evening, weekend and holiday hours.
- Perform general office administrative activities, including copying, filing and using the phone.
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- A minimum of 3 years' experience with P&C insurance. Outside/field sales experience is preferred.
- Demonstrates initiative and strong work ethic, is resourceful and self-motivated.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field or equivalent experience.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office applications.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be willing to travel up to 50% of time - US based
Founded in 1998 and based in Broomfield, Colorado, ICAT is a leading provider of property insurance protection to homeowners and businesses located in hurricane- and earthquake-exposed regions of the United States. ICAT draws from highly specialized underwriting expertise and advanced technology tools to offer brokers and their clients market-leading catastrophe coverage. Along with its subsidiary, Boulder Claims, ICAT's inherent promise to policyholders is to assist people and businesses as they recover from disasters. ICAT programs currently protect over 85,000 homeowners and business owners in catastrophe-exposed regions of the US.
Back to top