Regional Sales Manager - ICAT
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for the implementation of the Company's strategic sales and marketing goals for the Residential Earthquake program in Central California. This individual is responsible for growing the agency distribution force, agency and producer management, driving production from assigned producers and gathering and conveying market research and intelligence.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily.
- Responsible for recruiting and developing a new group of independent agents excited to sell the ICAT Residential Earthquake Product.
- Primary point of contact for assigned producer and his/or her agency personnel.
- Trains producers to successfully sell ICAT's Residential earthquake including identification of appropriate business opportunities, underwriting guidelines and procedures, website use and service.
- Responsible for monitoring production, bind ratios, renewal retention ratios, spread of risk, new agency conversion rates, and other production and quality measures.
- Possesses a complete knowledge of ICAT's Residential Earthquake product.
- Develops and implements effective agency management plans.
- Responsible for driving new and renewal premium for assigned producers and/or accounts in the ICAT Residential Earthquake program
- Educates producers about underwriting requirements
- Works with the team to establish regional production plans and assist in agency development.
- Works with the team to manage regional underwriting results including regional modeled results, spread of risk initiatives, and concentration of risk controls.
- Gathers and reports back market data for new markets, products, guideline changes, and or segments and works with the Senior Product Manager to identify new production opportunities and track competitor activity.
- Gathers and reports information through visit reports (including use of Salesforce), team briefings and market updates for the underwriting personnel.
- Maintain knowledge of and support ICAT's company values and strategic plan.
- Sit or stand and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach.
- Work is generally scheduled Monday through Friday with some evening, weekend and holiday hours.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- A minimum of 3 years experience with P&C insurance. Outside/field sales experience is preferred.
- Demonstrates initiative and strong work ethic, is resourceful and self-motivated.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field or equivalent experience.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office applications.
- Must have reliable transportation as ability to travel is required
Since 1998, ICAT has provided catastrophe insurance coverage to home and business owners throughout the United States. From day one through today, we remain a highly specialized, disciplined underwriter of catastrophe property insurance risk.
ICAT has over 200 employees and serves more than 65,000 customers in 42 states through its online quoting system, www.icat.com and through traditional broker submissions. The ICAT brand offers the promise of "Security, Service, Recovery" to policyholders and brokers in providing insurance solutions to protect against natural catastrophe events. ICAT continues to expand through new products such as its Residential Earthquake product in California, which helps homeowners protect their largest asset in the event of an earthquake.
ICAT underwrites on behalf of a diverse line up of strong carrier partners and Lloyd's of London syndicates. Claims administration services are provided by ICAT's sister company Boulder Claims. Boulder Claims was founded in 2005 and in its short history has successfully adjusted and settled over 23,000 claims, including claims from Hurricanes Charley, Frances, Ivan, Jeanne, Katrina, Rita, Wilma, Dolly, Gustav and Ike. ICAT is based in Broomfield, CO with additional offices in Tampa and Honolulu.
ICAT is owned by The Schinnerer Group. The Schinnerer Group is one of the largest and most experienced underwriting managers of specialty insurance programs in the world. The Schinnerer Group includes Victor O. Schinnerer & Company and ICAT in the United States, ENCON in Canada and other MGA enterprises globally. For more information on ICAT, visit us at: www.icat.com.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top