Regional Finance Manager, Emerging Markets
The purpose of this role is to be responsible for providing management information and business advice to the business on a day-to-day basis while supporting the Growth Markets Region leadership and finance teams.
The Growth Markets team covers the client and customer domains of health, wealth and career with colleagues based in 35 cities and 23 countries delivering services to clients and customers in 81 countries across Asia, the Middle East, Turkey, Africa and Latin America. Accelerating profitable growth through the Growth Markets is one of Mercer's strategic priorities globally.
The Regional Finance Manager will be responsible for providing strategic financial advice, planning, reporting and analyzing financial results, and coordinating and managing these processes with the Zone Finance Directors across the region to support achievement of overall business objectives while maximizing profits. This individual will also ensure that information and advice is delivered timely and accurately, company policies and procedures are followed and that communication between finance and the business is strong.
- Provide relevant and consistent management information, assess business issues, and advice to support growth, productivity and profit improvement. •
- Provide financial planning, reporting and analytics support to business partners and the leadership teams to help achieve business and financial objectives while ensuring that the vision aligns with the firm's overall objectives. •
- Maintain a credible, proactive, responsive and service focused relationship with the local partners, business leaders and global, regional and market leaders. •
- Manage the forecasting, budgeting and strategic planning activities for the market as well as for the respective groups within the market. Assist the business in the analysis, strategy and planning of investments, global projects and acquisitions / divestitures. •
- Work with the Zone Finance Directors, Corporate FP&A, and Strategy on initiatives and processes to ensure that maximum leverage and efficiency are delivered to the business. •
- Ensure consistent use of financial information across the business.
- Ensure adherence to the company's policies and procedures
- Communicate, support and participate in the creation and implementation of new regional/global financial initiatives. •
- Streamline financial activities and procedures to improve efficiency and reduce costs. Undertake financial stewardship, entity directorship and approval management. •
- Provide leadership and guidance to the financial staff while providing training, career progression and succession planning. Responsible for:
- Assigning, directing, and evaluating work
- Conducting performance evaluations and career development discussions
- Recommending salary and bonus actions
- Ensuring appropriate orientation and on-going education/training
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top