Region Head, Business Resiliency Manager
Business Resiliency Management (BRM) reports to the Marsh and McLennan Companies (MMC) Office of the Chief Information Officer and is part of the MMC Global Preparedness Program. It is charged with the responsibility of providing overall direction and management of all business continuity planning and incident response for all MMC operating entities. There is heavy emphasis on enterprise-wide coordination of emergency planning and communications and integration with the MMC Global Technology Infrastructure Disaster Recovery team. This group responds to all emergency situations affecting both operations and communications and any event resulting in potential negative impact to colleagues or business operations.
The BRM Region Head for the Americas reports directly to the Global Business Resiliency Leader, with dotted line reporting to the operating company business leaders within the region. This role is responsible for protecting the assets of the Company and ensuring its continued operation in the event of a disaster and is charged with developing resilient operational environments through the creation of efficient and cost effective programs.
The BRM Region Head for the Americas provides overall direction and oversight for the regional business resiliency management program to support and maintain a strong business resiliency, preparedness and response environment across the Americas Region. This role performs the following functions:
- Identifies operational risks associated with office locations and processes and ensures that the business takes appropriate action to mitigate or eliminate those risks.
- Coordinates actions to mitigate business continuity risks associated with offices, functions and operations to maintain the well-being of employees, protect assets, and provide continued service for clients during business disruptions.
- Conducts business impact assessments (BIAs) to identify critical applications/systems and recovery capabilities and priorities.
- Meets regularly with operating company business resiliency teams in the Americas Region to review current plans and ensure that arrangements with providers of critical services continue to meet the needs of the business.
- Regularly assesses and tests recovery plans and capabilities, and reports on status to stakeholder groups.
- Coordinates BRM Program training and awareness activities across the region.
- Manages tactical and strategic BRM projects within the Americas Region, including the BRM annual reviews to assess implementation and maintenance of resiliency plans and capabilities.
- Overseas regional BRM strategic planning initiatives consistent with the goals and objectives of the various operating companies.
- Develops ongoing relationships with regional business and functional leadership and ensures that those leaders are aware of BRM issues and fully engaged in their resolution.
- Facilitates 24x7 preparedness of real time incident response support, coordinating activities with the functions/groups that play a role in crisis management.
- Oversees regional recovery efforts and supports members of the Crisis Management Team during incident response.
- Provides timely BRM Program status reports for the Americas Region to operating company and MMC management on issues, projects, etc.
- Manages and maintains the BRM budget for the region, in accordance with MMC and BRM standards.
- Manages vendor and consulting contracts in support of BRM to minimize spend and ensure efficient and effective utilization of resources in the Americas Region.
- Coordinates and communicates with other regions to support a consistent approach to the efficient use of BRM resources, standard setting and monitoring.
- Supports the governance, project management and quality management activities of the Americas Region BRM Program, including training, testing, vendor risk management, audit coordination and other related resiliency management activities.
- Supports development, implementation and deployment of tools and processes for the BRM Program in the region.
- Manages a regional team of professionals that includes Senior Managers, Managers and /or Analysts in Business Resiliency to execute the roles and responsibilities of this position.
- 10-15 years in business resiliency and risk management leadership roles.
- Prior experience in the insurance or financial services industry preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and programs in a global, dynamic and complex environment.
- Demonstrated ability to define and execute strategic and tactical plans within a region.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, organizational and time management skills and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to influence others to accept practices and approaches, and ability to communicate and influence executive leadership.
- Related experience in public sector (i.e., government or military) is a plus.
- Proven ability to work efficiently, effectively, and proactively in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple, complex projects.
- Knowledge of business resiliency management program processes, risks, tools, and governance.
- Prior experience managing department or group that includes Senior Managers, Managers and Analysts.
- Ability to develop and maintain business relationships.
- Fluency in English; second language skills preferred (Spanish is a plus).
- Business continuity certification by a recognized Business Resiliency organization is required.
- Four year college degree required.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top