Mercer's Government Human Services Consulting (GHSC) practice focuses on the unique and challenging needs of the public health care sector, providing a wide array of consulting services to local, state, and federal government agencies across the country. GHSC helps clients achieve better outcomes, develop and deploy defensible strategies, and reshape the delivery of health care. We deliver an individualized focus, powered by industry-leading experience, integrated capabilities and passionate people. GHSC has been partnering with states and other stakeholder organizations for over 34 years to face the demands and pace of change with data-driven pricing, clinically-informed policy and trusted, reliable strategies to manage and deliver care.
To accomplish these challenging and exciting tasks, GHSC brings together a team of highly-skilled and dedicated consultants, clinicians, actuaries, analysts, accountants and pharmacists across four offices in Phoenix, Minneapolis, Atlanta and Washington DC.
To learn more about Mercer's GHSC practice, please visit www.mercer-government.mercer.com.
The Recruiting Coordinator will work directly with the recruiting team to assist in all aspects of the recruiting process from scheduling candidates for phone screens and in-person interviews to onboarding/day-one activities.
To fulfill this role, the Recruiting Coordinator can expect to:
- Assist with recruiting efforts: scheduling in-person interviews and phone screens; working directly with candidates and hiring managers
- Updates and manages candidate tracking spreadsheet; tracking recruiting activities and provide weekly reporting on candidate status.
- Provide follow-up correspondence to candidates on recruiting status via phone and email.
- Coordinate post-interview debrief meetings and provide debrief materials.
- Assist with college recruiting efforts: develop calendar of events, registering for on-campus events, on-campus interview selection, developing and printing interview schedules.
- Assist with coordinating various recruitment functions for the organization including job fairs, education fairs and other recruitment specific events.
- May assist or provide backup assistance with onboarding and offboarding process processes: scheduling onboarding training, assign seating, manage email distribution lists and completing IT request forms.
- Processes new position requisitions expeditiously, resolves inaccuracies by contacting hiring manager and/or recruiter to ensure postings are accurate.
- Assist in the coordination of other recruiting activities as needed.
- Arrange travel for candidates and consultants, managing expense reimbursement process and/or coordinate completion of expense reports in a timely manner.
- Assist recruiting team with a variety of administrative tasks as assigned including calendar management, meeting scheduling and editorial peer review using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint while ensuring all documents produced adhere to Mercer's global document standards. Maintain distribution lists in Outlook.
- Utilize strong critical thinking, discretion and follow-through skills to monitor and manage various tasks and projects.
To be considered for this position, the following qualifications and experience are required:
- Minimum High School Diploma required; College degree preferred
- 3-5 years' experience in an administrative capacity; ideally in a team environment
- Must have outstanding written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while adapting to changing deadlines and priorities
- Advanced computer skills, including extensive experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Strong judgment, discretion, confidentiality and decision making skills with the ability to interact with all levels within the organization
Our deep knowledge bank, with winning strategies, creative ideas, tested innovation and industry recognized guidelines are why clients choose Mercer. This is our foundation, but our people bring everything to life, sharing their experience and knowledge to improve every outcome. Employees choose Mercer for career growth, as well as the opportunity to assist clients in providing efficient and innovative ways to deliver vital health care services. Projects include helping clients navigate the Affordable Care Act, program design for innovative models of health care, analyzing health care costs and trends, and assessing quality incentives and strategies to improve overall managed care program effectiveness. Mercer's stimulating and learning filled environment helps build strong relationships with colleagues and our clients.
Mercer is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V.
Mercer GHSC is a specialty practice within Mercer's Health business. Mercer's Health business has the world's largest and most influential benefits brokerage and consulting capabilities. We strategize with clients of all sizes and industries to find benefits solutions that fit their needs. We provide the optimal combination of local-market knowledge and nationally-driven best practices. Our innovations translate into superior benefits for clients and distinguish Mercer in the marketplace.
Mercer GHSC is in a unique position to help our clients achieve the extraordinary - and extraordinary results require extraordinary people. If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about ideas, love solving problems and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the career opportunities available through Mercer. Our competitive programs, entrepreneurial spirit and team-oriented culture offer a richly rewarding and exciting environment where you can excel and achieve your professional goals.
To learn more about Mercer GHSC, visit us at https://www.mercer-government.mercer.com
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC). Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top