R&D/Advisory Catastrophe Modeler III
This position is for a seasoned professional individual contributor in Catastrophe Advisory R&D, who works independently with minimal supervision. This position provides overall project management for moderately complex catastrophe analyses/mapping/modeling using advanced scripted code, models, and software, and prepares client-facing presentations and articles for publication.
- Manages moderately complex quantitative analysis projects with minimal input from senior project team members involving modeling/mapping client exposure to natural hazards, creating or evaluating catastrophe models, and analyzing client catastrophe event responses in order to deliver natural peril expertise to colleagues and clients.
- Performs moderately complex analyses and develops advanced Arc GIS maps (e.g. advanced and descriptive spatial analyses) and models by processing and migrating data among Text, Dbase, Access, and SQL, and by developing advanced code in R, Python, or SQL, in order to quantify risk and assist clients in portfolio management.
- Prepares summaries, presentations and reports for moderately complex client projects in order to communicate findings to internal and external clients.
- Reviews basic to moderately complex maps and scripts completed by other project team members and finalize client deliverables.
- Fosters client relationships and develops business by meeting regularly with internal and external clients to discuss new analyses and advisory products.
- Develops knowledge and expertise in modeling certain hazards or perils in order to advance professionally and gain recognition as an expert in the industry.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience.
- University (Degree) is preferred.
- Seasoned professional individual contributor.
- Works independently with minimal supervision.
- May manage projects/processes.
- Coaches and reviews the work of lower level professionals.
- Problems faced are difficult and sometimes complex.
- Influences others within and outside of the job function regarding approach and procedures.
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC, a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, has over a 90-year history of providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth. As our clients' most trusted and valuable reinsurance broker and strategic advisor, we leverage our intellectual capital to anticipate and solve for a range of emerging strategic business challenges and opportunities. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.guycarpenter.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top