Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 50+ cities across nearly 30 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. The firm has more than 4,500 professionals around the world who help clients optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies [NYSE: MMC]. For more information, visit www.oliverwyman.com. Follow Oliver Wyman on Twitter @OliverWyman.
Pricing, Sales and Marketing (PSM)
The Pricing, Sales and Marketing practice works across all industries and verticals to address optimizing the commercial levers today, creating new propositions and enabling organizations to achieve both. Some examples of work done include:
• Optimizing the commercial levers:
o Sales force and channel optimization: account management, field sales and territory design, multichannel sales, ...
o Pricing and promotions; B2C transactional and subscription, B2B and large contract revenue management, after sales pricing, ...
o Marketing effectiveness: Marketing ROI, loyalty program design, customer value management / "ADR", test and learn platform, propensity modelling etc.
• Creating new propositions:
o Commercial strategy: competing with disruptors, price repositioning strategy, etc.
o New value propositions; future market stimulation, business design and launch
o Product and service offer: bundling and tariff design, ancillary revenue strategy / "add ons", own-brand, customer experience design,
• Enabling organizations to achieve both:
o PSM Tools and dashboards: visibility & control platform, B2B and B"C sakes and pricing tools,...
o Technology: 3rd party vendor assessment, agile datamarts, ...
o Commercial organization: pricing organization set up, retention and organization design, sales force commissions incentive design
Some examples of our recent work include:
• Aligning coverage to local market need, for a market leader in fiber optics and networking equipment, improving sales by 10% and margin growth of 18%
• Sales turnaround for an industrial gas supplier facing sharply declining share and profitability. Including down-sizing the organization, redefining roles of reps, creating telesales and key account structure, managing the turnaround including social engineer and communication
• Discounting control via rapid tracking tools for a major global travel operator. Re-designed the commission structure, put in place new policies and made system changes
• Incentives for a skilled salesforce for a leading insurance broker. Design of the new incentive plans and scorecards resulting in 10% sales growth, margin from 0 to 18% in 9 months
For more information about our Practice, please visit http://www.oliverwyman.com/our-expertise/capabilities/pricing-sales-and-marketing.html
Key Role Attributes
Principals are experts in particular content areas and provide day-to-day leadership of complex client projects and aspects of the client relationship and commercial process, teaming with Partners. They ensure on-time delivery that meets or exceeds agreed upon goals, leveraging Oliver Wyman best practice, their own expertise and the firm's technical competence. They become trusted advisors to senior clients, with the ability to guide and influence their thinking, and to be viewed as experts in particular content areas.
Oliver Wyman Principals are seen as Partners of the future and, as such, are fully engaged in building business through identifying new and expanded opportunities; they create exciting and additive intellectual capital through thought leadership, and are knowledgeable on a broad range of adjacent topics. Principals develop others and build a strong personal brand both within and outside the firm.
We welcome applicants with a proven track record of excellence. Successful applicants typically have extensive subject expertise, as well as previous experience in managing projects with tight deadlines, excell within a team environment, and establish and maintain strong business relationships.
Just as every client project is different, so we recognize and value the diversity of backgrounds and skill sets for successful Principal candidates. We are seeking high-caliber individuals who want to join our winning team. Preference will be given to candidates with:
• 7-10 years of relevant experience, ideally with a top-tier strategy consulting firm (or other similar organizations)
• In-depth knowledge of Pricing and/or Sales and/or Marketing topics
• Ability to point to projects with tangible impact and upside for the client (revenue, profit)
• Natural problem-solving mindset
• Track record of leading and managing teams, and delivering against tight deadlines in fast-paced, demanding environments
• Strong background in strategic problem solving with demonstrable analytical skills e.g. experience in dealing with large data sets and driving insight and action from this
• Ability to apply content knowledge, provide thought leadership in project execution, and to develop new intellectual capital to support business development activities
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; confidence in presenting to senior executives
• Undergraduate or advanced degree from a top academic program
• Willingness to travel
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top