- New York, NY
Job Description For Posting
IMPACT is an internal resource group devoted to increasing the success rate of gaining, retaining, and expanding business for the company. In this role, the Proposal Manager (PM) handles responses to requests for proposal (RFPs) by coordinating teams, challenging them to effectively create value for the client/prospect, writing/editing proposals, and ensuring that the team meets deadlines. The IMPACT process focuses on creating value propositions by questioning, researching, communicating, and translating client needs to Marsh solutions.
The IMPACT PM designs project plans; facilitates strategy sessions by engaging others to develop critical ideas, messages, and content; and drives "hands on" project implementation.
- Play a leadership role in strategy formulation working closely with opportunity owner to help identify client/prospect business-drivers and create the optimal strategy to win the business.
- Write proposal presentation content that clearly and persuasively describes service features and benefits and is geared toward readers' needs and knowledge level; demonstrates clear language and good business writing principles.
- Write/edit persuasive executive summaries that communicate a winning strategy.
- Ensure every RFP question is adequately answered and response communicates a clear message geared toward readers' needs and level of knowledge.
- Work actively with designer to ensure graphics are consistent and adequately/concisely communicate intended message.
- Facilitate oral presentation rehearsals and provide coaching of message delivery.
- Review RFPs for complete understanding of proposal submission requirements.
- Conduct client/prospect research to fully understand business.
- Facilitate proposal planning call, determining preliminary assignments and communicating final assignments.
- Communicate project plan & updates to team.
- Bachelors' Degree in business, journalism, marketing, English, or communication
- Minimum 3 years' experience in relevant capacity.
- Priority consideration for experience in Commercial insurance or brokerage industry.
- Excellent organization and communication skills including facilitation, writing, and editing
- Collaborative/focused on teamwork
- Ability to listen/understand from the client's perspective
- Not afraid to question/constructively challenge
- Strong customer service focus
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top