Mercer's Government Human Services Consulting (GHSC) practice focuses on the unique and challenging needs of the public health care sector, providing a wide array of consulting services to local, state, and federal government agencies across the country. GHSC specializes in helping governments shape tomorrow's health programs. GHSC has been partnering with states and other stakeholder organizations for over 30 years to support health care programs for the low-income and most vulnerable populations in this country.
To accomplish these challenging and exciting tasks, GHSC brings together a team of highly-skilled and dedicated consultants, clinicians, actuaries, analysts, accountants and pharmacists across four offices in Phoenix, Minneapolis, Atlanta and Washington DC to ensure a coordinated approach to the administrative, operational, actuarial, and financial components of public-sponsored health care programs.
To learn more about Mercer's GHSC practice, please visit www.mercer-government.mercer.com.
To fulfill this role, the Proposal Manager can expect to:
- Support RFP response processes from beginning to end and be responsible for coordinating the delivery of major proposals including project coordination, proposal strategy, content development, document production, team coordination and presentation support
- Understand the RFP requirements and the pursuit strategy to help the team create compelling and client-focused proposal documents and presentation materials
- Develop and manage project plans, keeping teams focused to ensure key milestones are met; organize proposal teams and act as project manager for the completion of the RFP response, and ensure the RFP process is followed and timelines are defined, communicated, and met on time; set up and lead RFP kickoff meetings and follow up with contributors as required
- Provide quality assurance and document management including liaising with document production team to deliver the highest quality proposals and presentations
- Serve as the master editor on most RFP responses and high-value pitches in order to quality-check readability and consistency of messaging; convert contributors' content into a cohesive document with a clear, single voice
To be considered for this position, the following qualifications and experience are required:
- Must have 5+ years of experience in a related proposal management or proposal development discipline in the public sector and/or industry serving government sectors where you are able to demonstrate a proven track record of coordinating teams to deliver commercial outcomes
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office suites, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel required
- Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills are essential
- Strong attention to detail skills are critical
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, along with a "can do" attitude which allows you to build impactful relationships with others
- Ideal candidates will be proactive and results-driven and someone who can demonstrate the ability to plan, organize, and implement his or her work goals and objectives to consistently meet deadlines and manage numerous competing priorities
- Must have flexibility to work additional hours at short notice, as needed, to meet department goals; the work will, at times, require extended and irregular hours to perform essential duties
- The candidate must be a team player and have a positive and confident approach backed by tenacity and commitment; good influencing and negotiating skills and an ability to persuade others to deliver is a must
- Will possess the ability to handle multiple projects and competing, shifting priorities, make decisions professionally and effectively; adapting and responding quickly to changing work situations as well as having the capacity to deal with pressures and occasional setbacks will be crucial
Our client focus, integrity, expertise, and innovation are why clients choose Mercer. Employees choose Mercer for career growth, as well as the opportunity to assist clients in providing efficient and innovative ways to deliver vital health care services. Projects include helping clients navigate the Affordable Care Act, program design for innovative models of health care, analyzing health care costs and trends, and assessing quality incentives and strategies to improve overall managed care program effectiveness. Mercer's stimulating and learning-filled environment helps build strong relationships with colleagues and our clients.
Mercer is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V.
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement, and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth, and performance of their most vital asset - their people. Mercer's more than 20,500 employees are based in more than 40 countries, and we operate in more than 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and human capital.
Built on a history of industry leadership that began more than 70 years ago, Mercer helps organizations leverage the power of their people to achieve peak company performance. We work with clients today on current business issues: meeting the challenges of globalization, responding to emerging skill shortages and driving top-line revenue growth. We design strategies that link executive compensation to business goals, manage escalating benefit and pension costs while preserving employee engagement, and deliver on the expectations sought in mergers and acquisitions by successfully integrating diverse workforces. Working with chief executives and HR leaders, our consultants help leverage our clients' greatest resource - their employees.
Mercer GHSC is a specialty practice within Mercer's Employee Health and Benefits business. Mercer's Employee Health and Benefits business has the world's largest and most influential benefits brokerage and consulting capabilities. We strategize with clients of all sizes and industries to find benefits solutions that fit their needs. We provide the optimal combination of local-market knowledge and nationally driven best practices. Our innovations translate into superior benefits for clients and distinguish Mercer in the marketplace.
Mercer is in a unique position to help our clients achieve the extraordinary - and extraordinary results require extraordinary people. If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about ideas, love solving problems and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the career opportunities available through Mercer. Our competitive programs, entrepreneurial spirit and team-oriented culture offer a richly rewarding and exciting environment where you can excel and achieve your professional goals.
To learn more about Mercer, visit us at www.mercer.com
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top