Property Underwriter II - ICAT
The Underwriter II is a production underwriter primarily focused on new business. The UWII generally underwrites and markets accounts with total insured values up to $75M in values for assigned producers/offices.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Underwriting / Product Knowledge
- Meets annual new business production goal, within required risk metrics.
- Underwrites and prices accounts in accordance with ICAT's underwriting standards, personal underwriting authority level, and ICAT's General Agency Agreements (GAA).
- Meets all file documentation standards, complies with underwriting and authority level standards, and passes all audits (both internal and external).
- Reviews and approved Inspection Review findings and recommendations on new business bound; works with UW operations on determining action required.
- Works with assigned Underwriting Assistant on monthly renewals and renewal retention ratios
Preferred Job Qualifications -
- BA degree in insurance, business or related field preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of progressive underwriting experience within the commercial property insurance industry.
- 3 to 5 years of progressive customer service and/or agency management experience within the insurance industry.
- Strong mathematical and analytical aptitude.
- Proven underwriting, sales and agency management skills.
- Oral and written communication including formal and informal presentation skills.
- Ability to underwrite large more complex accounts, including knowledge of commercial property forms, pricing and rating methodology, modeling and valuation tool.
- Ability to manage agency relationships and production.
- INS or CPCU Certification preferred.
Founded in 1998 and based in Broomfield, Colorado, ICAT is a leading provider of property insurance protection to homeowners and businesses located in hurricane- and earthquake-exposed regions of the United States. ICAT draws from highly specialized underwriting expertise and advanced technology tools to offer brokers and their clients market-leading catastrophe coverage. Along with its subsidiary, Boulder Claims, ICAT's inherent promise to policyholders is to assist people and businesses as they recover from disasters. ICAT programs currently protect over 85,000 homeowners and business owners in catastrophe-exposed regions of the US.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Actuarial Associate, Mercer
Jolina manages projects for Mercer’s pension plan clients—preparing instructions for teammates, reviewing deliverables, and answering questions throughout the process.
Back to top