Program Support Specialist
- Norwood, MA
Program Support Specialist - Health Benefits
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement, and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth, and performance of their most vital asset - their people. If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about delivering quality service, love solving problems, and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the many job opportunities available through Mercer. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and human capital.
We currently have exciting career opportunities to join Mercer Service's Benefits Administration business, a growing segment of Mercer that administers large employers' health and retirement benefits programs.
As a Program Support Specialist in the health and benefits administration business, you'll work as part of a team dedicated to program level technical support of the Mercer Marketplace 365+ and AHP products. You will support applications and internal client teams through the performance of special projects, execution of any required system modifications and system deployment coordination. We are looking for resources with the skill sets to complete data analysis, business analysis for solutioning, configuration and quality assurance. As a key resource, you will help define the participant experience on the program level by delivering superior quality results as we develop solutions as well continue to support and develop the technical solutions in our internal proprietary administration system. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you'll need to effectively drive compromise with key internal partners, in an ever changing agile environment.
If you are proactive, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, can multitask and manage your time effectively while maintaining a customer focus, Mercer would like to offer you a rewarding career. Join us as we help millions of benefit plan participants live, work, and retire well.
- Partner with internal client delivery teams and IT resources to gain a thorough understanding of 365+ and AHP core business system requirements.
- Utilize data analysis along with business requirements to develop specific solutions as well as processes and testing strategy to assure quality delivery.
- Analyze and resolve reported program level system issues.
- Provide additional troubleshooting and direction to client delivery support teams as needed.
- Coordinate and track system deployments to ensure integrity of the Production environment.
- Take responsibility for delivering a quality product and serve as a technical liaison between business teams and IT.
- Proactively identify, independently evaluate, and suggest recommended solutions to issues encountered.
- Communicate progress and align expectations with all stakeholders during new development and defect resolution.
Core Competencies and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical quantitative discipline or significant associated work experience.
- A minimum of five years' experience.
- Strong knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle methodologies specifically Agile.
- Strong analytical skills with experience working with relational databases, and data analysis skills.
- Knowledge of and experience working in health benefits administration preferred.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL required.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Access, and MS Word.
- Working knowledge of Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server databases.
- MS SharePoint knowledge preferred.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, a 401(k) plan, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: www.mmc.com . We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages, and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. To learn more, please visit us at www.mmc.com/diversity.
Back to top