Professional Occupation Sales Agent
The purpose of this position is to sell Professional Liability, Workers Comp, and Business Owners Policies to business professionals, such as lawyers and engineers via phone in a call center environment, utilizing leads provided by the company.
- Answers inbound calls and works abandoned web leads to sell insurance products to new clients.
- Pre-qualifies applicants to determine eligibility and asks underwriting questions to determine if specified prospective client meets carrier requirements.
- Markets insurance products via the telephone to maximize sales of insurance plans by preparing and presenting solutions, negotiating and overcoming objections, and assisting in purchasing appropriate products.
- Ensures carrier, state, and company guidelines are adhered to.
- Cross sells insurance products, identifies sales leads, and makes outbound calls to finalize a sale.
- Enters all information related to the call for reporting purposes.
- Works with internal business partners to achieve business unit results.
- High school diploma required and college degree preferred
- Relevant sales experience required.
- Ability to interpret insurance products to clients.
- Ability to motivate and influence people towards suggested products/solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with customers on the
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills to handle multiple tasks and prioritize
- Detail oriented to ensure accuracy.
- Possess self-discipline, self-motivation, and ability to meet assigned objectives.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to navigate through multiple systems without assistance.
- Core competencies include: Communicating With Impact Negotiations Building and
- Appropriate license must be obtained for the position.
- License required would include Property and Casualty License
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top