Professional Liability Underwriter - Victor O. Schinnerer & Company
Underwriter, Real Estate Program - Victor O. Schinnerer & Company
Victor O. Schinnerer & Company (http://www.schinnerer.com/), a subsidiary of Marsh, is the world's oldest and largest underwriting manager of professional liability, specialty insurance, and risk management programs. Our expertise lies in evaluating risks, implementing program marketing, developing and executing risk management activities, and servicing accounts on behalf of our insurance company partners. We then distribute these products through our distribution network of licensed brokers.
We are seeking an Underwriter in our Real Estate Program.
Responsible for the management of an existing renewal portfolio and new business generation. Reviews submissions, including financial statements and legal documents, to determine proposed premiums and coverage conditions. Works closely with external broker distribution force to negotiate pricing and policy provisions. Maintains portfolio profitability and ensures compliance with both state and carrier guidelines. In addition to managing a robust book of business, the ideal candidate will have the ability and desire to grow and own their assigned territory through aggressive prospect pipeline management and achievement of new business premium goals. This position involves the ability to multi-task at a high operating level while maintaining strong attention to detail. Success is defined by strong account retention, profitable underwriting results and new business production all achieved by possessing high energy, confidence and proficient negotiation skills.
- Reviews and analyzes submissions for real estate professional liability coverage. Target classes include agents, brokers, property managers, appraisers, title firms and mortgage brokers
- Identifies and obtains additional information required for proper analysis of risk.
- Corresponds with other insurance professionals to obtain further information or explain company underwriting policies
- Assesses exposure and determines rates, terms and conditions of coverage in accordance with guidelines and uses judgment underwriting to evaluate a risk
- Negotiates terms and conditions with brokers
- Determines whether to accept, modify, or decline risks
- Develops or modifies policy wording when standard text is not appropriate
- Prepares and maintains periodic reports pertinent to the ongoing operation of the department
- Services existing accounts
- Coordinates with distribution team to direct travel efforts and target prospects
- Works with business analysts and IT developers to test and implement enhancements to underwriting platforms
- Provides advice and expertise to other underwriters on underwriting issues
- Assists in special projects in conjunction with marketing and business plans
- 2-5 years of insurance related experience, professional liability preferred but not required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including comfort with public speaking
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations
- Strong analytical and judgment skills; excellent problem solving ability
- Microsoft Office suite proficiency; Excel and PowerPoint competency
- Bachelor's degree, preferably insurance or risk management concentration
Victor O. Schinnerer & Company, Inc. is one of the largest and most experienced underwriting managers of specialty insurance programs in the world. Schinnerer now serves more than 46,000 insureds in various specialty industries through independent insurance agents and brokers.. As a global leader in insurance brokering and risk management, Marsh helps our clients succeed by defining, designing, and delivering innovative, industry-specific solutions that help them effectively manage risk. We have 27,000 employees worldwide, operations in more than 130 countries, and annual revenue of approximately $5.4 billion, along with comprehensive global expertise that spans 26 industry practices and more than 30 risk and specialty practices. We are looking for talented professionals to join our team.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers
Back to top