Position Title: Digital Product Development Manager
Location: New York, NY preferred
Mercer is the world's largest human resources consulting firm Headquartered in New York City. Mercer has more than 20,500 employees, is based in more than 40 countries, and operates internationally in more than 130 countries. Mercer is a subsidiary of global professional services firm Marsh & McLennan, and Mercer's $4.3 billion in 2016 revenue represented 33% of the parent company's consolidated revenue.
The Digital Product Development Manager will be responsible for developing new digital products across Mercer's businesses - Health, Wealth and Career. S/he will execute day-to-day product development activities across design, development, deployment, stakeholder communication, technology vendor management and delivery. Will also actively research, experiment and prototype digital solutions to create new business capabilities.
- Identify and filter market and technology trends through extensive research to capture new product opportunities
- Research and development aimed at improving current products or developing new ones to satisfy consumer demand and contribute to profitable revenue growth
- Build a detailed solution design path for implementing a proof of concept (POC) / prototype development
- Work closely with business partners to understand and frame the business problem, develop business requirements and build the solution in line with the design specifications
- Create proof of concept prototypes to help evaluate options for customer need / opportunity
- Work closely with the Innovation Team to gather, review and use consumer insights to aid the ideation process
- Develop user stories by preparing the functional and technical specifications of new product or improvements of existing ones
- Oversee all aspects related to the customer experience and journey when engaging with our products ensuring not only the quality and technical excellence but also the QoE of the end product.
- Clearly establishes product milestones (or sprints) and objectives by detailing functionality at consumer and technical level
- Develop roadmaps for product development and implementation, including metrics definition and tracking progress against roadmaps
- Identify strategic partners for co-creation, partnership or acquisition
- Build strategic and financial business case
- Work in partnership with GBS, Digital COEs, MS and Regions
- Evaluate and advise on new technologies, vendors and product
- 7+ years in product or project development or engineering
- MBA preferred but not required in Computer Science, Applied Statistics, Engineering, Science, Business or other quantitative discipline
- Substantial knowledge on product definition, development, and life cycle management
- Proven revenue generation, strategy, and management experience
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in high pace and high stakes environment
- Demonstrated advanced ability to communicate, influence, and negotiate decisions at all levels of the organization and clearly articulate thoughts
- Proven track record of taking end-to-end ownership and driving results; demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - work prioritization, planning, task delegation and coordination across functional teams, including technical, engineering, marketing, design and merchandising teams
- Product Blue Printing or User stories
- Agile development
- Basic understanding of usage flows and QoE best practices.
- Digital product development experience
- Prior experience with top digital product development companies in digital enterprise product design, development and deployment
- Ability to manage clients, complex projects, drive business requirement gathering, manage scope and client expectations.
- A critical and creative thinker but also able to execute on the details
- Superior project management and time management skills. Able to manage autonomously, as well as prioritize as necessary
- Highly proficient with PowerPoint, Excel, and collaboration tools
- Knowledge of artificial intelligence, automation, semantic analytics, visualization technologies is a plus
- Passionate about the possibilities (and challenges) of an increasingly digitally enabled world
- Passionate about digital products and services
- Strategic thinker
- Effective communicator and presenter
- A team player, able to work well in global/local environments and influence them.
- Able to build relationships and credibility quickly
- Business Acumen (understand distribution, revenue models, cost structures etc)
- Customer Focus
- Relationship management
- Analytical Ability
- Creativity and Innovation
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) is a global professional services firm with two operating segments, Risk and Insurance Services and Consulting, comprising four major companies, each a global leader in its field.
Risk and Insurance Services
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management solutions.
Guy Carpenter serves clients around the world through reinsurance broking, strategic advisory and industry-leading analytics.
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth, and career needs of a changing workforce.
Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation.
About Executive Search Partners at MMC
The MMC Executive Search team identifies key leadership talent to drive long term growth & success across our operating companies globally. As an internal search function, we have dedicated Executive Search Partners, Researchers, and Recruitment Coordinators who strategically partner with the business to deliver exceptional results and the best executive talent globally.
Discover more at: www.mmc.com
Back to top