Product Manager, Data Strategy
- New York, NY
Guy Carpenter is seeking a pivotal Product Manager within Data Strategy to position its data assets for better user experiences across existing teams in analytics, advisory and business intelligence while also expanding use cases for new products in insights and machine learning.
- Coordination of a large scale but iterative data inventory program across a variety of departments, regions, databases and data type
- Selection, configuration and roll-out of a global data cataloging and governance solution
- Partnering with data engineering leads to support the build out an ETL framework into a unified data lake for historical and future datasets
- Contribute to a variety of additional data strategy initiatives such as data acquisition processes, data sharing technolog ies , monitoring applications , entity resolution solutions and the construction of internal knowledge graphs
- Participate in or lead the full product lifecycle for designated product area s , including research, scoping, prototyping, validation, productizing , and rollout. This includes management of blockers, depend encies, and risk factors across engineers, data scientists and analysts
- Understand the key value drivers for your product areas and demonstrate progress against success metrics to ensure our products are delivering value as expected
- Collaborate with product stakeholders across the development lifecycle communicating the overall product vision , incremental progress and changes in performance metrics
- Build internal documentation, supporting processes , and presentations around product specifications and capabilities
- Conduct market research and m onitor competition to generate insights that can guide product roadmap and future opportunities within data strategy
- 5+ years of professional work experience
- 2+ years of experien ce in a product management role, preferably at a data company
- Bachelor's degree required preferably in a quantitative discipline such as c omputer s cience, e ngineering, m ath ematics or p hysics
- Experienced and enthusiastic working with data in a variety of manners spanning proficiencies in Excel, SQL, API requests and basic scripting in Python or R.
- Familiar with agile development principles
- Excellent communication skills. Be comfortable talking with technologists, stakeholders , clients and executives, both in-person and remote. Write clearly and succinctly. Listen well.
- Conversant about technology and understand the effort required to deliver enterprise grade platforms, with a focus on data quality
- Comfortable working at a high level, down to the lowest levels including writing JIRA tickets and providing support if necessary
- Leadership skills, client-facing experience and the ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with documentation management and maintenance
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS / Google Cloud / Microsoft Azure
- Familiarity with Spark concepts such as SparkSQL , dataframes , RDDs and cluster management
- Knowledge of data science platforms such as Databricks and DataRobot
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC, a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, has over a 90-year history of providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth. As our clients' most trusted and valuable reinsurance broker and strategic advisor, we leverage our intellectual capital to anticipate and solve for a range of emerging strategic business challenges and opportunities. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.guycarpenter.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity
Back to top