Are you a hunter, but you also want to manage your own book of business? If so, come join the Mercer Team! Bring your passion and interest for healthcare to Mercer as the Producing Consultant. At Mercer you will have the opportunity to guide how employers deliver healthcare to their most valuable asset...their employees. Develop and serve as the lead consultant for organizations from 100 - 3000 employees. You will be helping clients to manage the cost, design, compliance and administration of their employer-sponsored Health and Benefit Plans.
Mercer is a globally recognized leader in human capital and benefits consulting where you can leverage the #1 HR consulting firm to back your sales acumen. Working alongside a world class team of consultants, as a Producing Consultant with Mercer you will develop sales strategies to help employers solve some of their most critical challenges in healthcare.
If you are interested and have a track record of helping your clients succeed and growing new business, be prepared to discuss the following:
Articulate your sales funnel
- How you identify, research, profile, and prospect accounts
- Talk through your cold calling, meeting conversions, and closing ratios
- Discuss your professional networking prospects
- Share examples of identifying and meeting with key decisions makers
- Illustrate your process of managing a prospect through a mid-market sales cycle.
Prove your track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Be ready to verify with numbers and ranking against peers
- Show demonstrated short and long term sales success
- Organize and execute marketing seminars and roundtables in order to identify and engage targets and build the Mercer Brand in the market place
- Constantly maintain an adequate pipeline to ensure revenue targets are met
Highlight your relationship building skills
- Leads complex client engagements, including managing overall service delivery, strategy, financials evaluation, plan design, renewal, business placement, benchmarking and other studies.
- Share how you build client relationships through your knowledge of industry trends and highlight your ability to establish trusted advisor status before the sale
- Detail examples of how you build internal relationships and marshal the right people and resources to close a deal across Mercers' broad network
- Dive into major challenges and opportunities within your industry and your thought leadership in address these issues
- Provide ongoing technical advice and guidance around the cost, design, compliance and administration of client's employee benefit plans
- Identifying opportunities to cross sell other Mercer lines of business and solutions
If you can confidently discuss these topics in depth, Mercer might be the right place for your sales acumen and the place where you will believe in and love what you sell.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8 or more years of relevant sales experience and/or industry experience required.
- Successful business to business sales experience (professional services preferred)
- Successful experience selling to executive/senior level employees
- Ability to work both independently (initiate/qualify prospects) and as a member of a team (developing proposed solutions)
- Extensive communications skills (written, verbal and presentation skills)
- Very strong organization and time management capabilities
- Ability to learn, understand and ultimately champion Mercer sales processes (Miller Heiman), sales campaigns, and tools
- Demonstrate appropriate and professional conduct and appearance at all times
- Ability to learn, understand and apply the Mercer value proposition
- Ability to learn and understand Mercer's business and other lines of business within the company
- Ability to quickly learn and develop cursory understanding of multiple industries.
- Ability to engage in client-focused critical thinking
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset - their people. Mercer's 20,000 employees are based in more than 40 countries. If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about ideas, love solving problems and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the hundreds of job opportunities available through Mercer. Our core strengths place Mercer in a unique position to help our clients achieve the extraordinary - and extraordinary results require extraordinary people. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension and 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: www.mmc.com. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top