Producer - National Brokerage
As the world's leading insurance broker and risk advisor, Marsh is devoted to finding the opportunity in risk. Companies look to us to help them navigate the daunting global risk landscape, seeing risks others don't and unlocking opportunities others can't. With 26,000 employees and annual revenues approaching $5 billion Marsh serves more clients in more industries worldwide than any firm in our industry. We are looking for talented producers across the US to initiate and develop new clients for National Brokerage.
The successful candidate will exemplify Marsh's IGNITE Operating Principles, the behaviors that guide our conduct and growth - In Touch: Get out in front by being informed and being connected; Genuine: Be authentic with clients and each other; Nimble: Be flexible and move quickly to deliver quality results; Inclusive: Be open to diverse ideas, experiences and backgrounds; Trusted: Stand for integrity and ethical behavior; and Engaged: Actively participate in making Marsh extraordinary.
National Brokerage clients represent both large and medium domestic U.S. clients, some of which may have a Risk Manager and/or global operations, but with the bulk of their operations in the U.S. Clients in this business segment are domestic firms whose needs vary depending on industry, size, geography and the competitive environment in which they operate. These clients tend to be highly entrepreneurial and expect us to provide expertise and tailored solutions for firms in their industry. They generally represent high volumes, basic to complex risks, and require a moderate level of services with revenue potential for Marsh between $50,000/$100,000 to $500,000.
- Identifies through personal research prospects that may meet Marsh's ideal client profile.
- Effectively uses direct mail, brochures and other Marsh sales tools to make initial contact with qualified prospects.
- Set appointments and personally meets with prospects and clients, conducts in depth dialogue and develops a positive business relationship built on mutual trust.
- Engages the appropriate industry group and Marsh resources to offer "best in Partnership" resources for each prospect.
- Partners across the firm to utilize appropriate resources for initial and ongoing prospect sales meetings and proposals.
- Identifies key decision makers, clients or prospects risks needs and determines the services, products, and combinations that will best serve and address the client/prospect's issues and objectives.
- Gathers internal and external information including: industry risk profile, benchmarking, client strategic goals and objectives, market conditions report, total cost of risk, and current services
- Supports sales efforts by adhering to department operations and providing timely and accurate prospects data to track and monitor activities for management reporting and sales forecasts.
- Keeps up to date on prospects' current issues, researches new information on prospects.
- Ensures timeframes and deliverables are met in the sales process; and ensures that post-sales teams provide quality service to all assigned clients.
- Transitions new accounts to the client team seamlessly.
- Acts as a visible leader in an industry and actively participates in industry associations, organizations, boards and charities, as appropriate.
- Develops and maintains effective network within the business community and industry.
- Develops an industry focus (major/minor) supporting the growth areas of the office.
- Understands and complies with Marsh Compliance and Transparency Standards.
- Possesses excellent and proven business skills with emphasis in organizational selling.
- Demonstrates sales aptitude, communication skills, building and maintaining relationships, coordinating others, business acumen, strategic reasoning and a results focus.
- Holds a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience and is appropriately licensed.
- Minimum of 7 years' of related sales experience
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top