- Norwalk, CT
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth.
Initiates new revenue by developing new clients that meet the Marsh's ideal client profile ensuring a consistent flow of new revenues to the company as stated in the annual individual sales goal.
- Researches & identifies prospects that may meet Marsh's ideal client profile.
- Effectively uses Marsh sales tools to make initial contact with qualified prospects.
- Meets with prospective and existing clients and develops a positive business relationship.
- Engages the appropriate industry group and Marsh resources to offer "best in Partnership" resources for each prospect.
- Partners across the firm to utilize appropriate resources for initial and ongoing prospect sales meetings and proposals.
- Identifies key decision makers, clients or prospects risks needs and determines the services, products, & combinations that will best serve & address the client/prospect's issues & objectives.
- Supports sales efforts by adhering to department operations and providing timely and accurate prospects data in order to track and monitor activities for management reporting & sales forecasts.
- Keeps up to date on prospects' current issues, researches new information on prospects.
- Ensures timeframes and deliverables are met in the sales process; and ensures that post-sales teams provide quality service to all assigned clients.
- Transitions new accounts to the client team seamlessly.
- Is a visible leader in an industry and actively participates in industry associations, organizations, boards and charities, as appropriate.
- Develops and maintains effective network within the business community and industry.
- Develops an industry focus (major/minor) supporting the growth areas of the office
- Understands and complies with Marsh Compliance and Transparency Standards.
- Possesses excellent and proven business skills with emphasis in organizational selling.
- Demonstrates sales aptitude, communication skills, building and maintaining relationships, coordinating others, business acumen, strategic reasoning and a results focus.
- Possesses fundamental knowledge of office databases and company sanctioned sales technology tools.
- Is appropriately licensed and has a working understanding of Marsh and MMC resources, services and solutions. Holds a bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension and 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top