Privacy Program - Executive Assistant
The individual in this position is a key role in the Privacy Office for Mercer and will support the Privacy team in the development and maintenance of ongoing privacy-related efforts at Mercer, reporting to the Chief Privacy Officer. This role will be responsible for identifying opportunities for implementing operational improvements as the privacy program continues to grow.
A successful candidate for this role will have strong administrative experience; with experience supporting enterprise-wide compliance based collaborative programs and projects as a plus.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage team administrative responsibilities, including calendar and expense management
- Manage access to and reporting from various privacy & security related tools, including Data Loss Prevention (DLP) console, Data Incident console, Privacy Risk Assessment portal and assignment distribution, Data Subject Access Requests
- Manage the privacy team web portal and overall communications workstream
- Build, develop, and grow business relationships vital to the success of the program
- Lead the planning and management of projects through to completion, ensuring the privacy team can meet milestones and expectations
- Continuously improve processes, tasks, and milestones using feedback and lessons learned as input into existing or future project plans
- Motivate project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
- Conduct project closeouts and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Conscientiously manage and follow up on multiple concurrent tasks and requests on tight deadlines
- Communicate between technical and non-technical contributors, and between project teams and senior leadership. Engage in information management on all sides, and continually work to improve and streamline this flow.
- Motivate and maintain momentum as you drive those projects to successful, smooth, on-time completion.
- Assist in tracking and responding to internal requests for guidance on privacy requirements
- Partner with cross-disciplinary teams and stakeholders to ensure that product goals are clearly defined and are being met.
- Track project progress and report status on a regular basis to the project team and partners. Engage in information management on all sides, and continually work to improve and streamline this flow.
- 3+ years of experience as a Paralegal, Legal Project Manager, or Administrative Assistant
- Relevant work experience in project management or administration
- A proven talent for building consensus and driving change
- Strong interpersonal/relationship-building skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and complete daily workload and projects with minimal supervision and in accordance with deadlines and shifting priorities
- High level of personal integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to be proactive, exercise independent judgment and demonstrated ability to work effectively on cross-functional teams with all levels of management and other company personnel
- Highly motivated to contribute and grow within a complex area of emerging importance
- A high level of comfort with risk, change and uncertainty; a talent for bringing order from chaos
- A basic understanding of several of these areas is a plus: big data, web and app tech stacks, privacy principles and regulation, online marketing and advertising data.
Back to top