Principal Software Engineer
- Phoenix, AZ
MarshDigital offers an amazing opportunity for distinguished digital technologists to transform the company's digital capabilities while unleashing the power of our industry leading platforms and data assets to deliver innovative products and disruptive business models globally.
At MarshDigital, we are all about developing and integrating innovative digital products for our clients. This group is nimble, creative, and empowered to shape the Marsh's digital landscape.
If you are looking for an opportunity to be part of an exciting team of entrepreneurs with the mission to disrupt and deliver the art of the possible in the insurance industry, look no further!
As a core member of an agile team your responsibilities include
- Envision and develop a library of frontend and backend integrations to a best in class broker platform that will help enhance the Marsh digital platform while building and or continually enhancing best in class customer experiences across channels
- Be a change agent with technology development using cloud native architecture patterns in a distributed environment
- Drive culture change in technology to become a truly Agile team which is self-organizing, DevOps and believes in everything automated
- Collaborate with Marsh Digital teams on new / existing product development opportunities
- Continuously learn about new technologies and help keep the entire group abreast of industry developments and evolving best practices
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related
- 5-10 years of experience with a proven track record of successfully delivering global and highly scalable customer-facing digital products and capabilities
- Expert in leveraging continuous integration and robust build/test automation, with a preference for cross platform stacks and containerization (Jira, Git, Jenkins)
- Experience utilizing cross cloud API platforms (Apigee)
- Experience in public cloud technology stack in AWS, and Azure
- Experience with Docker Containerization and Cloud services such as ElastiCache, EKS, and AWS lambda
- Strong analytical skills to be able to manage complex problems using a number of techniques.
- Experience in leading complex software product delivery in an Agile environment
- Experience in a leadership position responsible for building, motivating and leading high performing development teams
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top