Principal, PMO Practice
- Dallas, TX
Engagement Manager - Associate/Sr. Associate
Our company is experiencing incredible growth in our EM Practice and we are looking for leaders in this space to join the team and make a lasting impact on a fast-growing organization. We are looking for individuals with vast project experience that can develop our team, satisfy customers, and push our company to implement more effective ways of deploying Workday.
We are Mercer Digital, a part of Mercer, looking to bring the expertise of the world's largest HR consulting company to the digital space. The career opportunities for EM leaders have never been broader on our team and we'd love to have a discussion with you, if you are interested in exploring new opportunities.
The Engagement Manager will be responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of the Workday solution for Medium Enterprise Fortune 500 clients. The Engagement Manager will drive the client implementation and will be involved in the development of several key project deliverables (e.g., charter, project/staffing plan, issue logs, etc.) and work with the Client project manager to resolve issues that stand in the way of project success. The Engagement Manager will also be responsible for managing to the agreed to budget and delivering the project profitably.
• Become an expert in Workday's Implementation Methodology and leverage it on all engagements.
• Manage the implementation of 4-6 simultaneous, mid-sized projects.
• Demonstrate competency in the Workday product suite (or similar product) including HCM and Financials
• Participate in the sales cycle when requested to gather requirements, formulate delivery approach and develop a proposal/SOW.
• Provide guidance and mentoring to other resources working on the implementation.
• Ensure projects are properly planned and staffed.
• Work with the client project manager to identify/resolve all issues that could impact project scope and/or time frames.
• Work with Delivery Assurance to ensure compliance with agreed to checkpoints.
• Present at Executive Steering Committee meetings.
• Ensure the client takes advantage of Workday best practices.
• Be a liaison for Delivery when interacting with Sales and/or development.
• Identify opportunities to position other service offerings.
• Ensure the client can serve as a reference upon completing their implementation.
• Assist in the transition of the customer from implementation to production support.
• Ensure the project is delivered within the budget outlined in the SOW.
• Present client with change orders in the event they're asking Workday to perform tasks that are outside the scope of the SOW.
• 3+ years of experience project managing for financial implementations within Medium-Enterprise or Fortune 500 Clients.
• Consulting experience either as an internal consultant or with a consulting/software company.
• Experience implementing Workday, Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft or similar ERP application.
• Working knowledge with at least one of the following business areas: General Ledger, Accounts Payable/Receivable, Services procurement.
• Excellent organization, time management, and communication skills.
• Passion for customer service.
• Business development skills.
• Knowledge of Internet technology.
• Previous experience with a major systems integrator and/or an enterprise software company a plus.
• Previous service sales experience a plus. Successful candidates have a balance of functional (business) and technical experience.
• Ability to travel up to 50%
Mercer is the only Workday partner with comprehensive Workday solution options across advisory, design, deployment and optimization through change management. Mercer has the specialized Workday knowledge and skills to tackle any challenge to help clients optimize their Workday system.
We give Workday users complete transparency into every step, every twist and turn, every development of the implementation process, with unwavering commitment from gifted, extremely talented people - people dedicated not just to implementing Workday, but to transforming each client's business in a very real and sustainable way.We have a fast paced, collaborative environment where creative, brilliant minds come together to solve business problems using next generation technologies.
Do you want to be part of the extraordinary Workday journey? Apply and join us now!
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today.
Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs.
For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top