Oliver Wyman is a leading global management consulting firm. We combine deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. We work alongside our clients to develop practical solutions that deliver real impact. With more than 50 offices in 26 countries, we have the reach to meet our clients' needs anywhere in the world. The firm's 4,500+ professionals collaborate with clients in industry sectors and regions of the world where our distinctive approach allows us to identify their highest value opportunities, address their most critical challenges and transform their businesses. Our clients are the CEOs and executive teams of the top Global 1000 companies.
Principals are experts in particular content areas and provide day-to-day leadership of complex client projects and aspects of the client relationship and commercial process, teaming with Partners. They ensure on-time delivery that meets or exceeds agreed upon goals, leveraging Oliver Wyman best practice, their own expertise and the firm's technical competence. They become trusted advisors to senior clients, with the ability to guide and influence their thinking, and to be viewed as experts in particular content areas.
Oliver Wyman Principals are seen as Partners of the future and, as such, are fully engaged in building business through identifying new and expanded opportunities; they create exciting and additive intellectual capital through thought leadership, and are knowledgeable on a broad range of adjacent topics. Principals develop others and build a strong personal brand both within and outside the firm.
We welcome applicants with a proven track record of excellence. Successful applicants typically have extensive subject expertise, as well as previous experience in managing projects with tight deadlines, excel within a team environment, and establish and maintain strong business relationships.
Desired Skills and Experience
Just as every client project is different, so we recognize and value the diversity of backgrounds and skill sets for successful Principal candidates. We are seeking high-caliber individuals who want to join our winning team. Preference will be given to candidates with:
- 7-10 years of relevant experience, ideally with a top-tier strategy consulting firm (or other similar organizations)
- In-depth knowledge of industry topics
- Ability to point to projects with tangible impact and upside for the client (revenue, profit)
- Natural problem-solving mindset
- Track record of leading and managing teams, and delivering against tight deadlines in fast-paced, demanding environments
- Strong background in strategic problem solving with demonstrable analytical skills e.g. experience in dealing with large data sets and driving insight and action from this
- Ability to apply content knowledge, provide thought leadership in project execution, and to develop new intellectual capital to support business development activities
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; confidence in presenting to senior executives
- Undergraduate or advanced degree from a top academic program
- Willingness to travel
Back to top