Practice Leader, Business Insurance (MMA-NE)
- New Brunswick, NJ
You spend more time working than virtually anything else. Isn't your time worth more than just a paycheck? If so, Marsh & McLennan Agency may be the place for you. As an MMA colleague, you'll get personal and professional development, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining our industry leadership. Discover how much more is possible as you grow or advance your career.
This role is a senior level position within all Divisions and is responsible to make certain MMA's mission is communicated and the servicing requirements of any assigned account are strictly adhered. The Practice Leader ensures that the MMA-NE value proposition is introduced to our accounts in a consistent, meaningful, accountable and professional manner. This position handles all aspects of assigned accounts including m aintaining, monitoring, and management of those accounts to meet retention levels, account rounding, troubleshooting, cross selling to other departments, and new business development with producers. The Practice Leader will demonstrate a high level of professionalism internally and externally as well as very high technical capabilities. This position will drive retention and new business on a proactive basis through the company's sales and service model. In this role the Practice Leader will establish structure and accountability within their respective departments/groups to maximize the economic potential of the firm while institutionalizing the principles of leadership and teamwork. The Practice Leader will help their team by providing technical advice, marketplace direction, guidance and leadership in internal and external discussion/negotiations, education opportunities internally and externally, and career direction and success to team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for enhancing and delivering the MMA-NE Value Proposition with the goal of exceeding our Retention Goals, and providing strategic support to our New Business efforts;
- Daily oversight of assigned book of business and of accounts managed by the team;
- Participation in all renewal retention meetings; provide updates; strategy sessions and direction; and take action as required;
- Coordination of account assignments;
- Meetings with clients within the unit as needed throughout the year;
- Oversight and leader on Team stewardship process;
- Market existing renewals and selected new business accounts;
- Retain existing book of business, upgrade policies to MMA's minimum coverage standards and negotiate increased commissions whenever possible;
- Obtaining renewal quotes, negotiating renewals; obtain policies, endorsements, and audits;
- Ensure the accuracy of audits ;
- Analyze loss runs with claims / loss control to determine problems, trends, over reserving; participate in actions required to provide safety and loss control services;
- Be a sounding board and resolution resource for problems or concerns voiced by the client, account manager and/or producer. Be responsible for pursuing the follow-up and correction of those problems;
- Complete reviews, address team performance issues as per MMA standards;
- Ensure service calendars and stewardship reports are prepared and managed proactively
- Meet with and maintain strong working with relationships with underwriters;
- Coordinate resources necessary within office, region and Marsh to meet client needs;
- Participate in Marketing and New Business Meetings as needed;
- Review and enforce work standards of team including but not limited to: Calendar of events; Work product to clients; task completions; invoicing accuracy and timely; Utilization of outside vendors; Certificate issuance; Policy and endorsement verification and timely release; Renewal and marketing data and information; Communication to the client and team including producers and management;
- Identify and obtain training and technology needs for team members;
- Participate on new accounts as needed;
- Act as coordinator, facilitator, and team participant on working teams, product teams, and certain job specific functions, requested;
- Ensure collaboration between all departments including, claims, loss control, marketing, accounting and producers
- Review and determine updated exposures and whether or not remarketing is necessary;
- Review contracts for clients to include indemnification/hold harmless agreements and offer suggestions with a disclaimer;
- Any other function as direct by management.
- Good command of math, English grammar and spelling
- High proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Windows
- Average proficiency with the ability and willingness to increase knowledge in Access, and Adobe Acrobat
- High School diploma; college degree preferred
- Must have a minimum of 10 years' insurance industry experience with at least 3 years recent experience as an insurance agent/broker
- Maintain a valid insurance license.
- Advanced insurance designations applicable to the above duties strongly preferred as well as a willingness to pursue continuing education and professional development.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.Marsh & McLennan Agency offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://marshmma.com/careers.
Back to top