Marsh & McLennan Agency, (MMA) located in Troy, MI serves the group benefit needs of organizations headquartered in Michigan that employ between 100 and 10,000 workers. We provide innovative and individually tailored cost reduction strategies and tactics in all of the functional elements of group benefit plans.
The Plan Analyst (PA) is responsible for obtaining and analyzing group benefit program proposals for both clients and prospects. The Plan Analyst analyzes bids for group health and welfare coverage for clients, provides benchmarking research and analysis, and develops detailed client reports. The PA provides substantial financial analysis for 8-12 clients on average.
The PA works on moderate to high complexity cases, demonstrating a high level of accuracy within their work product. This position spends approximately 90% of their time in Excel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree in finance, mathematics or other related area preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in the healthcare benefits industry working for a group, insurance carrier, broker or general agency preferred.
- Knowledge of group insurance (medical, dental, vision & life and disability products) preferred.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Must be able to follow directions, be detailed, organized and resourceful.
- Ability to work under extreme pressure (tight deadlines & juggling many projects)
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel andPowerPoint.
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) firmly believes it is the character and commitment of our people that make a difference, and we are always seeking those with ethics, talent, and ambition interested in joining our client-focused teams. If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering excellent service, we are interested in hearing from you.
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits including: medical/Rx, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, life & ad&d, short-term and long-term disability benefits,401k, employee stock purchase program and an employee assistance program.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top