Placement Specialist - Casualty - Technology
Placement Specialist - QSG Casualty - Technology
Marsh's Qualified Solutions Group is an industry leading placement center built to drive a more effective process and outcome for Property, Casualty, International and FINPRO placements and drive much needed change in the industry. Aided by technology and working on a state-of-the-art trading floor abuzz with market activity, it will be a new, refreshing and exciting new way to broker insurance. The QSG will employ a differentiated process to create exceptional value for clients and a better experience for Placement colleagues, unrivaled in the industry.
The Placement Specialist role within our QSG Casualty group will be responsible for designing the placement strategy and negotiating with carriers to receive the best terms, conditions, coverage and pricing for the client and making recommendations to the client and client team.
- Responsible for using risk expertise to analyze client's current and historical exposures, develop solutions, solicit quotes, negotiate with panel markets, analyze comparisons, articulate impact of options and make recommendations to the client team and client
- Delivers marketing results to Client Team. Involved in communications and presentations with clients in collaboration with Client Team as needed
- Collaborate with client team and client to develop strategy for international insurance program structure and compliance
- Responsible for order bind & the accuracy of programs based on client direction
- Utilizing risk expertise and knowledge of industry and insurance market place, reviews clients' exposures and loss experience
- Assesses needs of clients and develops solutions to risk situations, across complexity spectrum
- Participates in pre-strategy meeting to create renewal strategy
- Responsible for following up for any open items and subjectivities
- Keeps abreast of changing global and international risk and insurance market conditions
- Builds and maintains relationships with carriers, underwriters and client team to provide best in class service
- Manages and records all activities in workflow system to ensure timely follow up by client, carriers and client team
- General problem-solving of global client issues
- Identifies the need for new products and suggests innovative solutions to Client Team/Client (Segment driven)
- Perform contract review and advise client team and client on international insurance requirements in collaboration with Risk Practices and Multinational Servicing Offices
- Lead client M&A integrations of local policies and divestitures with Multinational Servicing Offices
- Oversee and analyze results of global network activities to assure adherence to Rules of the Road Service Platform and to demonstrate value of Marsh network to Clients
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a matrix team environment
- 5+ years Casualty broking experience a must and technology knowledge preferred
- Ability to communicate with impact with clients, employees and management across all levels of an organization
- Requires attention to detail, excellent analytical ability and strong communication skills
- Ability to work with deadlines and changing priorities
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Possesses solid knowledge of market risk issues, insurance brokerage, account management, servicing and sales skills
- Proficient knowledge of business systems & technology
- Broker's License a must, or ability to obtain
- BS/BA degree preferred
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension and 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet employers
See Inside the Office of Marsh & McLennan Companies
Marsh & McLennan Companies are four organizations—Marsh, Mercer, Guy Carpenter, and Oliver Wyman—that share a purpose of helping clients meet challenges and seize opportunities. As a unique professional services firm, Marsh & McLennan Companies boasts a global network of 60,000 experts in risk strategy, helping complex organizations manage risks and make the most of their opportunities, their capital, and their people.
Back to top