- Chicago, IL
The Placement Specialist role within our QSG Casualty group will be responsible for designing the placement strategy and negotiating with carriers to receive the best terms, conditions, coverage and pricing for the client and making recommendations to the client and client team.
- Responsible for using risk expertise to analyze client's current and historical exposures, develop solutions, solicit quotes, negotiate with panel markets, analyze comparisons, articulate impact of options and make recommendations to the client team and client
- Delivers marketing results to Client Team. Involved in communications and presentations with clients in collaboration with Client Team as needed
- Collaborate with client team and client to develop strategy for international insurance program structure and compliance
- Responsible for order bind & the accuracy of programs based on client direction
- Utilizing risk expertise and knowledge of industry and insurance market place, reviews clients' exposures and loss experience
- Assesses needs of clients and develops solutions to risk situations, across complexity spectrum
- Participates in pre-strategy meeting to create renewal strategy
- Responsible for following up for any open items and subjectivities
- Keeps abreast of changing global and international risk and insurance market conditions
- Builds and maintains relationships with carriers, underwriters and client team to provide best in class service
- Manages and records all activities in workflow system to ensure timely follow up by client, carriers and client team
- General problem-solving of global client issues
- Identifies the need for new products and suggests innovative solutions to Client Team/Client (Segment driven)
- Perform contract review and advise client team and client on international insurance requirements in collaboration with Risk Practices and Multinational Servicing Offices
- Lead client M&A integrations of local policies and divestitures with Multinational Servicing Offices
- Oversee and analyze results of global network activities to assure adherence to Rules of the Road Service Platform and to demonstrate value of Marsh network to Clients
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a matrix team environment
- Ability to communicate with impact with clients, employees and management across all levels of an organization
- Requires attention to detail, excellent analytical ability and strong communication skills
- Ability to work with deadlines and changing priorities
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Possesses solid knowledge of market risk issues, insurance brokerage, account management, servicing and sales skills
- Proficient knowledge of business systems & technology
- Prior insurance experience, with a broker or carrier
- Broker's License preferred, or ability to obtain
- BS/BA degree preferred
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top