Pharmacy Financial consultant
The Pharmacy Financial Consultant is part of a national team of pharmacy specialists. This role is responsible for setting priorities and developing policy regarding the financial modeling of pharmacy offers including, procurements, re-negotiations and market checks. Additionally, this person will serve as a senior resource to the Actuarial and Financial Group (AFG) also regarding policy and modeling issues including Pharmacy trend. Priorities will be leading consulting engagements with large employers regarding the financial evaluation of pharmacy benefit plans and programs and assisting with negotiation with benefits carriers and vendors to secure plan coverage for these employers. To fulfill this role, the Pharmacy Financial Consultant will:
- Manage pharmacy projects and junior staff in completion of program review, financial assessments, implementations, plan design analyses and financial projections, pharmacy renewals, benchmarking, pharmacy benefit marketing, diagnostic reports, vendor and performance management
- Establish effective carrier/vendor relationships to serve clients in benefits procurement and administration
- Leverage Mercer's size and reputation to negotiate highly competitive rates and coverage options from carriers and vendors
- Interact with members of the Managed Pharmacy Practice (MPP) client teams and Mercer H&B teams
- Develop sophisticated benefits design and renewal strategies
- Effectively communicate Mercer's position on latest industry financial trends to clients and Mercer H&B consultants
- Monitor success of projects in terms of scope, budget, timeliness and client satisfaction
- Incorporate compliance and professional standards into all work processes, including transparency, actuarial, peer review and maintaining required licensure
- BA/BS degree required; master's degree highly valued
- Actuary expertise preferred
- 7 years of experience in pharmacy financial consulting and/or PBM underwriting
- Experience identifying, designing, recommending and implementing efficient, innovative business solutions to clients' complex managed pharmacy benefits challenges
- Superior analytical and mathematical skills, strategic planning, communication, and listening skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple and complex tasks in a demanding work environment
- Proven management skills in leading large, complex projects
Mercerdelivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer's more than 22,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 65,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $14 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh, which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions; Guy Carpenter, which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman, which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit www.mercer.com. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
See Inside the Office of Marsh & McLennan Companies
Marsh & McLennan Companies are four organizations—Marsh, Mercer, Guy Carpenter, and Oliver Wyman—that share a purpose of helping clients meet challenges and seize opportunities. As a unique professional services firm, Marsh & McLennan Companies boasts a global network of 60,000 experts in risk strategy, helping complex organizations manage risks and make the most of their opportunities, their capital, and their people.
Back to top