People Analytics and Insights
At Mercer we are known for our collaborative culture and the people who are part of it. Our HR team is focused on providing a fulfilling colleague experience to present and future colleagues, and are the stewards who help drive this culture forward.
As a People Analytics and Insights principal you will produce business-critical people insights which enable the HR organization to move faster and make better decisions through the successful delivery of analytics, reporting, and recommendations. This role will play an important part in driving Mercer's people priorities forward while influencing the strategy and implementation of People Analytics in HR across the enterprise.
This individual will need a mix of business analysis expertise, strategic thinking, data analysis, project management and executive presence. This role is an opportunity for a creative, self-starter to elevate the use of people D&A and understand all aspects of what drives human resources at a 25,000-person organization. Working closely with the Chief Human Resources Officer, members of the global HR Leadership team, and other cross-functional stakeholders - you will focus on converting data and analysis to action. This role will report to the Global Solutions and Strategy HR Leader.
Key Accountabilities Include:
- Manage people metrics reporting and creation of materials for the CHRO and Executive Team, identifying and investigating key trends and telling the story behind people data.
- Proactively identify people issues and areas of opportunity and utilize excel modeling and analysis to investigate and provide recommendations.
- Gather data from internal sources (Workday, etc.) & external (Glassdoor, LinkedIn etc.) to develop exhibits based on collected and calculated data.
- Summarize all data findings using effective visualizations, developing presentation materials in PowerPoint and Excel and communicating complex concepts and analytics in a structured manner.
- Work closely with the CHRO and Global Business Solutions and Strategy HR Leader on special projects, inclusive of HR strategy formulation and development.
- Collaborate with HR Leaders and Centers of Excellence (CoEs) to draw conclusions from data analysis which can inform actions and decision-making.
- Collaborate with the Mercer data community to drive the People Analytics agenda.
- Collaborate with members of HR to identify, standardize and implement data & analytics solutions, including enhanced tools and process improvements.
- Drive agenda and data related topics for HR Leadership Team meetings.
- Represent the HR function on enterprise wide D&A committees and forums.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities include:
- 5-10 years' experience, preferably working across people analytics, internal or external consulting and project management
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint Skills (SQL, R, Python or Tableau are a plus but not required)
- Experience visualizing data to ensure effective communication through memos and PowerPoint slides (complex visualizations through Power BI are a plus)
- A genuine curiosity and experience in analyzing complex people problems or situations and developing practical solutions
- Openness to feedback and strong self-awareness
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently and as well as part of a team
- Operates with conviction and a keen sense of urgency; does not hesitate to bring a point of view
- Comfort with ambiguity and proven ability to create clarity in it
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a discrete manner
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer's more than 22,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment.
Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh, which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions; Guy Carpenter, which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman, which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit www.mercer.com. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
#analytics #futureofwork #businessIntelligence @lifeatMercer #MercerUS #peopleAnalytics #workforceofthefuture #pafow #peopledata #TalentStrategy #LI-AV1
Back to top