Pension Administration Specialist
If you have theskills and desire to grow yourcareeras a Pension Administration Analyst, this rolemay be the right fit for you.As an analyst, you will be a pivotal member of the Calculations and Special Projects team and have an influence on the success and growth of Mercer Services. The analyst is responsible for the completion of pension calculations and the review of plan documents and calculation tools. To fulfill this role, the analyst will:
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and sense of urgency to ensure client expectations are consistently met; some contact with clients and Mercer consultants
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the clients' plans and administrative procedures
- Deliver quality service to our clients, ensure accuracy and that time standards are consistently met
- Manage client business process and identify areas for continued improvement; will support multiple client teams
- Calculate and review qualified and non-qualified benefits, including but not limited to QDROs, 409A, employee contributions, late retirement increases and RMDs.
- Keep updated on government current regulations/IRS Code
- Develop and maintain access-based or excel-based calculation checkers for ongoing and special project clients
- Under the Project Manager, function as point of contact to administration and processing teams while focusing on special projects
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Master company-based tools and will track client projects and processes
- Update all client teams of status of projects
- Attend team and project calls
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Five to eight years' experience in defined benefit administration
- Strong proficiency with MS Excel and Word (proficiency in MS Access desired)
- Previous experience developing calculation tools
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills; proven ability to research, follow up and resolve issues or problems surfaced by the team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer's more than 22,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 65,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $14 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh , which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions; Guy Carpenter , which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman , which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit www.mercer.com . Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer .
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/ . We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Back to top