PEMA Project Manager
- New York, NY
The Private Equity Mergers& Acquisitions (PEMA) Project Manager I is responsible for Pre-Acquisition Due Diligence and Placement Consulting Services, located in the MMC/Marsh Corporate Headquarters in midtown NYC:
- Conduct an overall evaluation of target companies existing and historical insurance programs and determine if coverages are appropriate or if additional coverages should be considered post-close.
- Identify risk and insurance related-issues that may impact transaction value.
- Project estimated annual cost of risk for a target company's insurance program on a post-closing basis and provide a comparison of such against prior year costs.
- Identify current insurance-related outstanding liabilities and determine if an adjustment to balance sheet may be warranted.
- Identify current collateral requirements and quantify potential on-going requirements.
- Analyze claims data and loss projections of the target business, and identify any potentially problematic trends/patterns.
- Review litigation history. Ensure all relevant claims have been properly tendered to applicable insurer.
- Review draft purchase and sale agreements.
- Make recommendations with respect to pre and post-closing coverage for Directors & Officers liability.
- Provide a written report summarizing Marsh PEMA's analysis, advice and recommendations.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional insurance experience; 10 years is preferred.
- An understanding of property and casualty insurance programs, both guaranteed cost as well as loss sensitive programs with respect to casualty. An understanding of surety bonds and Representations and Warranties insurance is a plus.
- Knowledge of client risk issues and experience in the management of large, complex transactions and experience in a client facing role.
- Proficient written and oral communication skills (writing sample may be required).
- Superior work ethic and time management skills.
- Ability to network with clients, colleagues, insurance carriers and prospects in social and business contexts.
- Flexibility in work hours and the ability to travel.
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC)
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers
See Inside the Office of Marsh & McLennan Companies
Marsh & McLennan Companies are four organizations—Marsh, Mercer, Guy Carpenter, and Oliver Wyman—that share a purpose of helping clients meet challenges and seize opportunities. As a unique professional services firm, Marsh & McLennan Companies boasts a global network of 60,000 experts in risk strategy, helping complex organizations manage risks and make the most of their opportunities, their capital, and their people.
Back to top