P&C Claims Supervisor
property & casualty claims supervisor
Department: commercial - Risk & loss advisors
Reports To: director, p&c claims
Under minimal supervision of the Assistant Director of Risk & Loss Advisors, this position is responsible for servicing clients through claims advocacy and management of claims as well as developing and supporting strategies to enhance value added services for Barney & Barney's World Class Clients.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Monitor client loss/claims files and provide updates as needed or as agreed upon with clients and producers.
• Present both verbally and in written reports to clients and carriers, claims activity summarizations identifying key claims issues and concerns as needed.
• Service clients through claims management.
- Develop and maintain computer based calendaring system of events for clients, including critical dates for claims reviews.
- Maintain client loss/claims files and provide updates as needed or agreed on with clients or producers.
• Notify producers of complex claims and your strategy to work with the adjuster to resolve issues.
• Strategize with the Director of P&C Claims to review all disputed or denied claims.
• Advocate on behalf of clients to reduce reserves and successfully resolve disputed/denied claims when the circumstances of the claim warrant such intervention.
• Establish and develop client and company relationships to provide the most effective claims handling.
• Participate in sales and service calls at the request of producers and clients, advising clients the ways in which Barney & Barney can assess liability, monitor claim handling to ensure appropriate handling by carriers and address steps which can be taken to transfer risk and/or subrogate claims.
• Staff Development
- Supervise, direct and develop the skills, knowledge and abilities of P&C Claims Analyst staff.
- Assess and provide for their resource and training needs.
- Evaluate performance and provide ongoing constructive feedback and coaching regarding achievement of goals and skills need to be successful in the position.
• Take on assignments and duties as requested by the Director of P&C Claims.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top