P&C Claims Analyst
Property and Casualty claims analyst
Department: Commercial - Risk & Loss Advisors
Reports To: Director of Property & Casualty Claims
Develop and maintain client relationships through advising and providing advocacy on Property and Casualty (P&C) claims related issues. Perform claim reviews and status updates to ensure that claims are properly set up, coverage positions are received, reserves are adequately set, and that the claim files are moving towards closure or resolution in a timely manner. Provide routine status updates to service team on open claims. Communicate with claims professionals, clients and internal staff, and achieve successful results.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Provide effective claims management.
- Develop and maintain computer based task system of events and diary of routine status updates for P&C claims including dates critical to ensuring claims are properly set up, a timely coverage position is issued, a claims adjuster is assigned, defense counsel is assigned (when applicable), and status update of claims progress. Actively manage assigned claims independently.
- Participate and present successfully oral and written P&C claims at client claim reviews in a professional manner and demonstrate B&B's added value and advocacy of claims.
- Review and summarize coverage positions, including evaluation of coverage denials and reservations of rights, as to appropriateness and present analysis and recommendations to client.
- Report in a timely manner all new claims and establish claims files with appropriate tender documentation, adjuster contact information, and coverage positions.
- Review, strategize and make recommendations of next steps for disputed or denied claims as well as complex claims involving multiple carriers or layers and large loss claims.
- Identify when claims intervention is necessary and advocate on behalf of clients to reduce reserves and successfully resolve disputed/denied claims.
- Identify and address steps which can be taken to transfer risk and/or subrogate claims .
• Ensure key internal associates and clients are apprised of claim status.
- Develop working relationships with dedicated claim liaisons from insurance carriers to support the most effective way to handle claims successfully.
- Monitor claim files and obtain routine status updates, including providing regular status updates to service teams. Respond to requests for updates or questions from the service team or clients.
- Identify and notify producers and service teams of large complex claims, claims that have potential coverage obstacles, denied or disputed claims and your strategy to work with the adjuster to resolve issues.
- Establish and develop client and company relationships to ensure good communication for the most effective claims handling.
• Take on assignments and duties as requested by the Director of Property & Casualty Claims or Property & Casualty Claims Supervisor.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top