Payroll Specialist (1750CCOR)
MMA Mid-Atlantic - Roanoke, VA or Greensboro, NC
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh, serving the risk prevention and insurance needs of middle market companies in the United States. MMA has access to broad resources and solutions across all of its sister companies under the Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) banner.
Through the strength of our management team, our geographic presence and our world class services, MMA provides public and private companies with risk management and employee benefit support that helps them flourish. We are proud to provide our clients with best-in-class services that meet their growing needs.
• Provide customer service to employees in the areas of: pay, benefits and taxes as they relate to their pay, how to enter time or time off, where to locate forms and information on company's intranet, where to send completed forms, who to contact for benefit questions and how to obtain IRS instruction on withholding issues.
• Ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
• Process employee Time & Attendance data from the Time Reporting system to payroll and reconcile variances utilizing tools in the Time and Payroll systems.
• Develop in depth understanding of Payroll Database to create Ad-Hoc financial, operational and payroll reports on demand.
• Approve and release time in the Time Reporting system.
• Load import files received from HR in order to process accurately employee pay.
• Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits.
• Communicate with benefit carriers and process payments for amounts withheld from employee paychecks.
• Assist with a variety of accounting functions including: Preparation of complex journal entries, bank reconciliations, managing Trust Accounts, and annual producer settlements.
• Understand all aspects of payroll in regards to payroll laws and regulations.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top