Organizational Effectiveness - Specialist
Oliver Wyman is a leading global management consulting firm. We combine deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. We work alongside our clients to develop practical solutions that deliver real impact. With more than 50 offices in 26 countries, we have the reach to meet our clients' needs anywhere in the world. The firm's 4,000+ professionals collaborate with clients in industry sectors and regions of the world where our distinctive approach allows us to identify their highest value opportunities, address their most critical challenges and transform their businesses. Our clients are the CEOs and executive teams of the top Global 1000 companies.
Oliver Wyman has teamed up with Lippincott on a search for a Specialist who will join OW's Organizational Effectiveness practice to provide OE capabilities across both organizations.
The Organizational Effectiveness (OE) team works with leaders to transform cultures and build thriving teams at large enterprises across the globe. Through a co-creative process, the OE team partners with clients to develop innovative and holistic leadership development, employee engagement and brand activation programs.
As a Specialist, you will be responsible for structuring and managing projects both in terms of budget and resource allocation as well as creative direction and ideation. You will play quarterback to address client challenges, manage client relationships and fulfill project management requirements.
• Integrate Oliver Wyman and Lippincott principles, methodologies, frameworks and operational processes in to case work
• Supervise the development and implementation of innovative strategies, deliverables and language that exceed client expectations
• Develop and manage strategically sound content simultaneously for multiple projects
• Quickly pick up skills and knowledge in new areas, leveraging the client and firm resources effectively
• Collaborate with and guide other consultants and designers to explore alternatives and expand thinking (e.g., informal brainstorming sessions, creative discovery sessions, gathering of firm best practices)
• Effectively communicate with, and present to, both internal case teams and external client teams
• Play a significant role in formal and informal client strategy work sessions and presentations
• Facilitate co-creative planning sessions with senior client teams
• Structure project work plans and guide team work flow
• Motivate, develop and direct junior staff
• Manage client expectations
• Build productive client relationships
• Work under minimal supervision
• Manage case team resources (e.g., talent, IC, budget)
• Contribute to the development and compilation of intellectual capital (e.g. developing new and updating old frameworks, methodologies and processes)
• Participate in business development activities including presentation development and pitch preparation and delivery
• Participate in recruiting initiatives as necessary
• Communicate case updates and status to Partner and Senior Partner stakeholders
Qualifications and experience:
• Minimum 7+ years strategy, communications or organizational development experience
• Graduate degree or equivalent welcomed but not necessary
• Demonstrated experience working at or for a Fortune 500 company (or equivalent), consulting firm or agency
• Client management experience
• Willingness to travel, including internationally
• A passion for the creative process
• A love for expansive and creative thinking
• An analytical and rigorous approach to uncovering insights
• High emotional intelligence and empathy for human behavior and organizational psychology
• Excellent verbal/written communication, facilitation and presentation skills
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Impeccable judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
• A balance of humility and confidence, always seeking truth from a place of inquiry
• Highly motivated and committed to excellence
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
As part of the rotation program, Tiffany is learning strategic planning—how to grow a business not just organically but also through acquisition and possible divestitures.
Back to top