Operations Team Lead
The Operations Team Lead will develop the team through motivating, coaching, and providing feedback.This role will also be responsible for monitoring day-to-day operations of the staff to ensure department goals and objectives are achieved.Additionally, the Operations Team Lead will possess a broad understanding of multiple lines of products, services and client programs. This individual will participate in implementation and setup of new business opportunities, as well as various special projects as assigned.
To fulfill this role, the Operations Team Lead will:
- Provide assistance to the team by answering daily questions, providing ongoing developmental training to team members, encouraging self-directed research, and providing team motivation to meet departmental goals.
- Continue interactive communication with each team member, promoting and encouraging a positive team atmosphere.
- Focus on continuous improvement of the team, identify the need for ongoing training, and provide recommendations to management.
- Audit and monitor employee functions to ensure the quality and timeliness of processes.
- Prepare and distribute reports for management review.
- May attend meetings with other departments to resolve issues and provide updates to the team. Assist with departmental projects as assigned.
- Participate in implementation and setup of new business opportunities.
- May aide staff in reviewing applications and regulate departmental workload.
- Provide backup to the supervisor as necessary.
- Address escalated requests and work pieces related to complex member situations, keeping supervisor aware of situation and providing documentation.
- May research call information to evaluate performance of team members.
- Create and update documents outlining processes and systems within the department
- Other duties as assigned
- College degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of underwriting/placement experience preferred.
- One year leadership experience required, including ability to coach and motivate staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with internal and external customers.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Detail oriented to ensure accuracy.
- Excellent problem solving skills to resolve customer service and departmental issues.
- Ability to identify process improvement opportunities and implement efficiencies.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office suite.
- P&C license and designations preferred.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people's current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we've turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today . Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Back to top