Operations Supervisor - Admin
The purpose of this position is to execute the vision for and lead the overall performance of the operations unit in collaboration with the business leader. Oversees a broad scope of professional management activities related to the day-to-day management of the operation. Provides leadership and direction to managers towards achieving department and organization objectives. Work is performed under the most general supervision where independence is required.
- Oversees the day-to-day management operation which includes ensuring adequate staffing with properly trained personnel, accountability for quality and quantity of work, and guiding and advising subordinates in the more complex phases of their work.
- Oversees and directs manager recommendations regarding employment, employee performance, promotions, salary recommendations, transfers and terminations.
- Evaluates teams on a regular basis to ensure positions within the teams are appropriate and operating to achieve maximum productivity. Make recommendations for changes as necessary to achieve appropriate staffing levels to meet cost of servicing goals.
- Conducts performance appraisals, fosters employee development, interviews as appropriate, and serves as a role model for the operation.
- Ensures compliance with departmental performance management process, including progressive disciplinary action if necessary. •
- Has full authority for the following people management responsibilities:
- Assigning, directing, and evaluating work
- Conducting performance evaluations, progressive counseling and career development discussions
- Ensuring appropriate orientation and on-going education/training
- Hiring and input into firing employees
- Promotion, salary and bonus actions
- Defines and develops the business' strategies and objectives along with the business leader. Works closely with management to foster effective working relationships and ensure alignment with business objectives.
- Interacts regularly with executive team and individual department heads to ensure that company's operational priorities are aligned with total company direction. Works across the organization to understand, influence and implement strategies that support new products and services.
- Provides support to client leaders to obtain an understanding of needs and problems resulting in the implementation of systemic changes to improve service based on feedback.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of client environment and has the ability to obtain group consensus with follow up implementation through staff.
- Collaborate and provide direction to managers to enhance technology and service delivery to include analyzing, proposing, testing, implementing, training, maintaining and monitoring in order to continuously improve customer satisfaction levels, operational effectiveness and cost efficiencies.
- Participate in review and consideration of new business opportunities including analyzing the affect on the operations including the impact on productivity, staffing levels, system capabilities, workstations etc. Collaborate with upper management to discuss the challenges, opportunities and concerns involved with implementation of changes.
- Interfaces with colleagues at all levels within the organization, external customers, and carriers to ensure maximum efficiency, problem resolution, and regulatory guidelines are met.
- Monitors at risk client accounts and pro-actively develops corrective strategies.
- Delivers presentations to insurance carriers and clients on programs and develops industry relationships.
Budget Management/P&L Responsibility
- Works with business leader to develop annual budget for the operations unit and is responsible for managing all functions that contribute to the profitability of the unit and the achievement of business objectives, monitoring regular monthly reports received from finance in order to inform management of any significant variances that may occur.
- Exercises the expense control, and maximizes revenue in compliance with corporate guidelines.
- Identify problems or issues in processes and implements solutions bringing bottom line results.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top