Operations Specialist I (Licensing Coordinator)
Position Summary :
Responsible for providing insurance producer licensing services to assigned colleagues who are authorized to engage in Regulated Insurance Activity. Service provision includes obtaining, maintaining, and renewing all necessary resident and non-resident licenses and insurance carrier appointments, in addition to the essential functions described below.
- Obtaining and maintaining producer (agent/broker) licenses utilizing the Internet Licensing Exchange (ILE) database system and performing due diligence by running a Producer Database (PDB) report, updating demographic information, contacting the producer, obtaining copies of producer's licenses (if applicable), or affiliating the colleague with the company licenses.
- Maintaining hard copies of current producer (agent/broker) licenses in files, loading scanned images of current licenses into ILE, and removing scanned images of old licenses upon expiration. Updating and maintaining data records on license information to ensure accurate files.
- Obtaining insurance carrier appointments as needed and Maintaining current insurance carrier appointment data on ILE; Running licensing reports from ILE as needed
- Performing due diligence to verify actual license status for each new producer profiles received in the ILE approval queue; Meet monthly productivity and quality targets
- Responsible for educating colleagues about state licensing requirements
- Identify ways to streamline time management to provide quick turn around time.
- Work with leadership to assess process and system improvements that can be made.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top