Operations Specialist I (Certificates)
- Austin, TX
Marsh USA is the world's largest insurance brokerage, and we strive to offer our clients innovative solutions to manage risk more effectively. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide and operations in more than 130 countries, we are looking for talented professionals who want to make a difference and develop skills for success in a fast-changing environment.
Are you looking to build a career and grow within a large Fortune 500 Company? Do you enjoy working with clients and colleagues to deliver outstanding customer service? The Operations Specialist I is responsible for providing Marsh's clients with Certificates of Insurance, which is a critical role as clients require timely and accurate certificates in order to conduct business.
- Prepare insurance documents (commonly known as Certificates of Insurance) on industry standard forms for our Clients. Our Clients submit requests for these Certificates of Insurance via email; the Operations Specialist I is responsible for reviewing submitted documentation, consulting insurance information, preparing and distributing the Certificates of Insurance to appropriate parties.
- This job is primarily computer-based work using proprietary applications and the Microsoft Office suite; team members are set up with dual monitors to increase efficiency.
- Team members are expected to meet individual productivity, accuracy, and timeliness metrics.
- Effectively using written and oral communication skills to correspond with other Marsh colleagues and clients. Phone usage is not significant.
- Collaboration is encouraged via process improvement suggestions from team members as well as participating in meetings and colleague engagement committees.
- A Robust training program provides basic insurance certificate knowledge to be successful in the Operations Specialist I role. "Operating hours are Monday-Friday, various shifts between 7AM and 8PM Central Time.
- Customer Service Experience supporting Clients in a fast-paced office environment.
- Able to self-manage and work independently to drive results; comfortable with ambiguity and critical decision-making.
- Experience reviewing business documents and identifying relevant information to complete tasks.
- Able to obtain information from multiple sources and assimilate data to prepare necessary documents.
- Strong attention to detail and proofreading capabilities.
- Experience working with multiple applications effectively to complete transactions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 50+ WPM typing.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience learning to use proprietary software in a corporate environment.
- Ability to work a 10AM-7PM or 11AM-8PM shift.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401(k), employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet employers
Back to top