Operations Specialist I (Certificates)
Are you looking for a change? Interested in a career, rather than a job?
Marsh, a global lead in insurance brokerage and risk management, is hiring Certificate Specialists at our premier Austin location. Don't have experience as a Certificate Specialist? We provide training to help you learn the ropes.
The Certificate Specialist is responsible for creating Certificates of Insurance for companies that have appointed Marsh as their Insurance Broker. This is a critical role, as many companies would be prohibited from entering their premises, transporting products, or selling goods to their vendors without the proper Certificates of Insurance. A Specialist carefully reviews coverage requests, adheres to process guidelines, and issues certificates that meet our clients' needs.
- Process daily certificate requests, including new, ad hoc and renewal requests, to ensure clients are covered in a timely manner
- Ensure accuracy in all steps of the process
- Fulfill client requests within defined Service Level Agreements (SLA) to offer outstanding service
- Maintain both written and verbal lines of communication with internal and external clients on a day-to-day basis in a business-appropriate manner
- Prepare correspondence according to department guidelines
- Read, analyze, and interpret general business correspondence
- Participate in team huddles in order to share best practices among your colleagues and provide updates on your assigned projects
- Communicate issues or concerns to the supervisor immediately to ensure swift resolution
- Participate in other projects/activities as needed
- Collaborate with team members and assist other business areas during high volume periods
- Adhere to individual quality and productivity requirements
- HS Diploma (or equivalent) required, college degree is preferred
- Must have experience working in a professional setting
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent communication skills, strong client focus, and have the ability to manage multiple tasks with attention to detail
- Must be proficient in MS Excel and MS Word
- Working knowledge of Siebel Systems and MS Outlook is a plus
- Proficiency with simultaneous usage of multiple applications to gather and populate data
- Strong keyboarding skills
- Must have an excellent attendance and employee record
- Ability to be a team player
As a global leader in insurance brokerage and risk management, Marsh helps clients succeed by defining, designing, and delivering innovative, industry-specific solutions to effectively manage risk. We have 30,000 employees worldwide, operations in more than 130 countries, and annual revenue of approximately $5.4 billion, along with comprehensive global expertise that spans 26 industry practices and more than 30 risk and specialty practices. We are looking for talented professionals who want to make a difference in critical moments to join our team.
The successful candidate will exemplify Marsh's IGNITE operating principles, the behaviors that guide our conduct and growth:
In Touch: Get out in front by being informed and connected
Genuine: Be authentic with clients and each other
Nimble: Be flexible and move quickly to deliver quality results
Inclusive: Be open to diverse ideas, experiences, and backgrounds
Trusted: Stand for integrity and ethical behavior
Engaged: Actively participate in making Marsh extraordinary.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401(k), employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet employers
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top