Operations Project Manager
Project Manager is responsible for execution, support and assistance in all aspects of project management. Provides leadership and guidance as it pertains to project planning, execution, status reporting, communication, financial management and issues/risk mitigation. Accountable for ensuring successful delivery of a project is completed on-budget, on-time and with client satisfaction. (Individual contributor role)
- Serves as project manager for initiatives and will direct work on projects to provide oversight. Has profit and loss responsibility for the projects.
- Manages projects end-to-end, to deliver business outcomes. Works with senior management to oversee business and technology scope of projects - will focus on business processes, supporting technology capabilities, recommending and implementing changes to ensure solutions are aligned to business strategies.
- Acts as SME for engagements in the areas of project management, solution development, the relevant insurance domain, and quality assurance.
- Works closely with the project stakeholders and is able to think strategically about how technology applications fit within the overall business needs and priorities.
- Collaborates with senior leadership to improve the capabilities while managing adherence to procedures and standards
- Ensures projects follow the Initiation, Execution, and Transition & Value Capture phases in accordance with Marsh's Project Delivery Life Cycle
- Prepares and tracks budgets, project plans, and staffing plans.
- Ensure early detection of project issues and risks with early identification of mitigation strategies and stakeholder communication and engagement.
- Maintains financials using Marsh's standard system for project tracking
- Builds, drives, and manages relationships with our senior internal business leaders and ensure their continued alignment, engagement, and achievement of business outcomes
- Provides project status to executive management providing recommendations as needed.
- Engage with key stakeholders including vendors where key delivery areas are outsourced.
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top