Operations Manager/Office Head
Site Lead for Marsh's Centralized Services group located in Austin Texas.
This service center supports the US Core Brokerage business. Centralized Services was established in 2003 has a population of 250+ colleagues and supports ~11M transactions.The service center supports 6,000+ clients and provides administrative and technical support to client facing brokers, insurance specialists and clients. This is a highly varied organization with multiple product lines including Certificates of Insurance production, Auto ID card production, Surplus Lines filings, Licensing, Workers Compensation Posting Notice production, Loss Data Service Center requests, Tier 1 support, policy intake, and quality and training.
The Site Leader manages day to day activities and aligns capacity with incoming operations work. Liaison with and point of escalation for, broking / front office teams. Develops strong relationships with key stakeholders across the business and works in partnership to deliver operational excellence.
- This individual will be responsible for the development of short and long-term financial and operational plans and goals.
- Proactively set strategies, manage, lead, and coach complex or multiple units and colleagues to achieve internal KPIs and client satisfaction for operations management and services.
- Manage day-to-day activities and align capacity with incoming operations work
- Continually monitor for areas of improvement inclusive of core operations, technology platforms (upgrades, consolidation), to include Robotic Processing Automation
- Facilitates communications across business functions and core brokerage, acts as a point of escalation for non-technology related technical and process inquiries and works to resolves problems to ensure that issues encountered by team members and stakeholders are resolved efficiently
- Engages team in continuous improvement initiatives and drives ownership of outcomes to improve the client experience.
- Monitors quality management processes and develops/implements operations, financial plans and strategies to facilitate continuous business improvement for the Team.
- Develops/ implements processes and procedures for crisis management and designs/enforces best practice procedures.
- Manages operations within the team, periodically evaluates the team's performance and develops and implements processes and policies to ensure that colleagues achieve optimal performance.
- Manages the budget for: projects and any travel or accommodation related expenses, reward, recognition and training of colleagues and resource allocation for recruitment/induction of new staff.
- Provides leadership advice to team leaders and "manager once removed" (MOR) leadership for 250+ staff within the team, and proactively manages team and colleague performance to achieve high quality, compliance and productivity.
- Manages the team's assets and develops short and long-term financial and operations plans for the team to ensure resources are appropriately utilized and invested.
- Implements initiatives to refine existing processes and procedures to ensure that team objectives are met or exceeded and the team is compliant with work, health and safety regulations.
- Manage day to day facility related issues.
- Coach, mentor and develop direct and indirect reports.
- Oversee business continuity and emergency preparedness planning and execution.
- Manage resource planning activities within the service center including recruitment and induction of new staff, ensuring production levels are not impacted by attrition
Meet Some of Marsh & McLennan Companies's Employees
Contract Review Specialist
Nancy reviews the contracts her clients either offer or receive from vendors, taking care to monitor the insurance requirements on the provided services.
Back to top